• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amazing spiderman 16 cgc 9.6

32 posts in this topic

Wha? $1600 for an ASM #16 in 9.6? That's not possible if he's a legit dealer. $16,000 is more realistic.......

So, either $1600 is a typo on your part, or someone's trying to scam you.

There is no way this can be legitimate. I'd pass. Besides, if you don't have a job (and are going to be using student loans), you're betting money you can't afford to lose anyway.

very true, but if it is certain that I could make money on it... then why not. We shall see.

I just checked the census.

There are 3 ASM 16s in 9.6 along with 1 9.8.

One of the 3 9.6's is a PLOD.

Ask for the serial number of the book and call CGC for the grader's notes.

Also pay with a credit card so you have some means of chargeback!

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

There is no way this can be legitimate. I'd pass. Besides, if you don't have a job (and are going to be using student loans), you're betting money you can't afford to lose anyway.

very true, but if it is certain that I could make money on it... then why not. We shall see.

OK, but if you get taken for a ride, don't pretend like you weren't warned repeatedly.

I just checked the census.

There are 3 ASM 16s in 9.6 along with 1 9.8.

One of the 3 9.6's is a PLOD.

Ask for the serial number of the book and call CGC for the grader's notes.

Also pay with a credit card so you have some means of chargeback!

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Even if it is a PLOD 9.6, it's a Slight (P) PLOD and it is still worth about $1,600 IMO. A 9.4 PLOD sold for almost $1,000.

Of course, at $1,600 for a 9.6 PLOD Slight (P), you wouldn't be able to flip it for a profit. confused-smiley-013.gif

Even if it is a PLOD 9.6, it's a Slight (P) PLOD and it is still worth about $1,600 IMO.

If that were true, I'd start doing restoration right now...lots of 7.5 to 9.2 books can be restored up to the 9.6 level and still fall under the Slight (P) label. That's what comic-keys does for a living.