• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. Strange and Strange Tales, high grades and pedigrees

51 posts in this topic

I don't know who will be cast as Dr. Strange, but I know Ditko, Colan, Adkins, and Brunner did great work on the comics. This thread will feature over 20 of them, including several pedigree copies and a complete high grade run of his first ever solo book, Dr. Strange 169-183.

The particulars: list prices are firm, but I gladly negotiate discounts for the purchase of 3 or more books. Shipping is $12 in the US, other locations will be a bit more. Payments are accepted via check, money order, or PayPal, and time payments can be negotiated for large purchases.

Disclosure: None of these comics was pressed while under my ownership, or to my knowledge beforehand.

The icebreaker:

Strange Tales #133

cgc 9.2 ow

$190 SOLD!

Ditko Dr. Strange and Kirby Thing/Torch art. Very nice for a 9.2.

ST133cgc.jpg

Strange Tales #161

cgc 9.4 ow/w

Massachusetts pedigree

$275 SOLD!

Pedigree copy with terrific Steranko cover and interior art featuring Cap and Nick. Excelsior!

b9356e06-83f5-41a7-b7af-bd4f1b08facd.jpg

Doctor Strange #180

cgc 9.6 ow/w

Rocky Mountain pedigree

$325

Beautiful pedigree copy. Far out Eternity-over-the-Chrysler-building cover.

DrS180cgc-1.jpg

That #183 is a gem. People don’t realize it’s much, much scarcer than #169, and of course of Dr. Strange #1 which is also valued more by Overstreet.

If that #182 was raw I would have been very tempted: I already have a NM #183 but still miss a nice copy of the #182, and that one is literally perfect! (thumbs u

169? :popcorn:

No patients

Nothing to see here, please move along.

:baiting:

No run collectors? :baiting:

The rest of the run will list tonight starting around 7 pm EDT.