• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mutant 98 CGC 10 Gem Mint

72 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has already been discussed in length, if so please send me a link as the search function didn't reveal anything.

I remember the last thread about the first 9.9 and how everyone was calling the buyer crazy for spending more than $10K on it.

NM #98 CGC 10.0

What do you think that comic will bring in?

I wouldn't be surprised if was less than the 9.9

30% of all graded copies are 9.8 or better, with less than 4000 graded out of print run of what, 300,000?

Sure there is only one CGC 10.0, but the dumb money cap seems to be around 10K for something like that.

I'm willing to bet my signature for 50 posts that it won't go for higher than the first 9.9

Done. First 9.9 was $12,500. Happily to take this bet. Free advertising for me.

I'm willing to bet my signature for 50 posts that it won't go for higher than the first 9.9

You're on.

:eek:

You're on.

Care for a side bet? Winner picks the other guy's avatar for a week. Only one rule, the avatar must not violate the rules of the board.

You're on.

You do realize that Donut will bid at least the $12,500 just for the additional advertising, right? lol

You're on.

Care for a side bet? Winner picks the other guy's avatar for a week. Only one rule, the avatar must not violate the rules of the board.

You got it (thumbs u

Here's my analysis that led to my projection of $16k

There's a decent chance (if he can secure the backing) that the guy who paid $12.5k for his 9.9 will try to protect his investment by making sure the 10.0 exceeds the $12.5k he paid for his "lesser" 9.9

Have you seen the 9.9 prices? It is too late to protect his investment.

One just closed out at $3650.

The saga of Boston Corbett. His sage wisdom and economic teachings echo through my mind like the dulcet tones of an angelic chorus. True genius is not appreciated in its own time.

One just closed out at $3650.

The saga of Boston Corbett. His sage wisdom and economic teachings echo through my mind like the dulcet tones of an angelic chorus. True genius is not appreciated in its own time.

2lb84.jpg