• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mutant 98 CGC 10 Gem Mint

72 posts in this topic

One just closed out at $3650.

The saga of Boston Corbett. His sage wisdom and economic teachings echo through my mind like the dulcet tones of an angelic chorus. True genius is not appreciated in its own time.

Luckily, dumbassery is "appreciated" the moment it is spoken. What a legendary tool that guy was. Every time his name is spoken I can't help but smile :insane:

There has got to be a board member somewhere in one of his classes... Dear god pls raise your hand and ask about the application of economics theory to sharp decrease in NM98 9.9 prices :insane:

One just closed out at $3650.

The saga of Boston Corbett. His sage wisdom and economic teachings echo through my mind like the dulcet tones of an angelic chorus. True genius is not appreciated in its own time.

He owes like a couple of kegs of beer to the other 9.9 owners. I wonder if he has any interest in buying the 10.0? Wouldn't that make an epic thread? :headbang:

maybe he can hoard the other eight 9.9s and buy the 10.0 so if anyone was desperate enough for a 9.9 he'd be able to dictate the asking price.

maybe he can hoard the other eight 9.9s and buy the 10.0 so if anyone was desperate enough for a 9.9 he'd be able to dictate the asking price.

That sounds like an experiment he may actually consider, with a supply and demand business case to validate the expense.

doh!

That sounds like an experiment he may actually consider, with a supply and demand business case to validate the expense.

doh!

But if he was REALLY dedicated to his theory, he'd buy up all the 9.9's and destroy all but one. That would exponentially increase the value of the one that survived......

......theoretically.

doh!

But if he was REALLY dedicated to his theory, he'd buy up all the 9.9's and destroy all but one. That would exponentially increase the value of the one that survived......

......theoretically.

Don't tease like that. It would be must see TV. A thread that would be so riveting, I wouldn't take my eyes off the screen, and wear down my mouse and fingers from hitting the refresh button. The world would stop moving for that time. C'mon Boston... make my month.

doh!

......theoretically.

Don't tease like that. It would be must see TV. A thread that would be so riveting, I wouldn't take my eyes off the screen, and wear down my mouse and fingers from hitting the refresh button. The world would stop moving for that time. C'mon Boston... make my month.

I hope he sends you scans, discusses it at length with you.....then sells it to someone else :baiting:

Steve Borock clarified a long time back the CGC standard for a 10.0 is not the best printed book ever created. It is the best example they have graded, which can have less than White Pages as well. Hence, the Wolverine 1 Limited Series CGC 10.0 with Off-White to White Pages.

Steve Borock clarified a long time back the CGC standard for a 10.0 is not the best printed book ever created. It is the best example they have graded, which can have less than White Pages as well. Hence, the Wolverine 1 Limited Series CGC 10.0 with Off-White to White Pages.

So wouldn't the first time they grade a particular book merit a 10 :baiting:

Interesting, thanks for clarifying.

Frankly, as a collector I would find a 9.9 or even a 9.8 with nice White pages to be more aesthetically pleasing than a 10 OWW.

So wouldn't the first time they grade a particular book merit a 10 :baiting:

:roflmao:

That would have matched his statement. But no such luck.