• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultron on a budget - SOLD/CLOSED

17 posts in this topic

I can’t let those of you who happen to have Avengers 54/55 have all the fun – you guessed it…I have neither :cry: .…but I DO have some tangential bronze age Ultron covers and other random appearances. Let’s not forget these books as we stoke the Ultron bubble - let's really push this! So, if you don’t feel like shelling out the going rate for the key Ultron books, here’s your chance to get in on a small piece of the action…who knows what you could sell these books for on eBay a month from now – don’t miss out! :D Also, it's an opportunity to actually read some Ultron stories!

It’ll probably take me a couple days to get these all posted as I scour my boxes for Ultron….stay tuned! I'm guessing I'll probably be able to come up with a dozen books or so. Also, some of these might push the envelope of the Bronze age…if you go liberal with a 1985 cutoff, all of them should sneak in there….

- PMs are cheerfully considered, but unconditional :takeit:s in the thread rule (based on time stamp - if I accept a PM deal before a thread 'take it', the PM deal wins)

- No probies or HOS members (or any other undesirable characters, at my judgment)

- PayPal, personal checks, or USPS money orders

- Domestic USA or Canada; shipping in the US will be priority mail - $5 for up to 8 books (bomb-proof flat rate envelope), $10 for more than 8 (flat rate box); shipping to Canada will be at cost via first class mail (with tracking)

100% happiness guarantee - if you don't like your books, return them to me as purchased for a refund within a reasonable time frame (let's say 2 weeks).

This should be fun…and cheap.

Avengers 227, VF-, BIN $1

Ultron interior appearance in a flashback panel on p.15...Pym is lamenting..."WHAT WAS MOST GALLING TO ME DURING THAT PERIOD WAS THAT ONE OF MY OWN EXPERIMENTS IN ROBOTICS EVOLVED INTO THE AVENGERS' DEADLIEST FOE...ULTRON! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE MYSELF FOR CREATING HIM!"

avengers227_f_zpsa1c51043.jpg

West Coast Avengers 2, VF, BIN $1

Wonder Man and Pym are Ultron's captives...Ultron is just wreaking havoc all through the interior of this book. Also, edgerx caught the cover appearance...down in the shadows...

westcoastavengers2_f_zpsc5ba9aa2.jpg

West Coast Avengers 6, FN-, BIN $0.50

Ultron and Pym sit down for a nice heart-to-heart on pp. 9-10. Pym is concerned....Ultron says "KILL YOU? NO, THAT WAS WHAT I WANTED BEFORE....BEFORE I BECAME ULTRON MARK TWELVE! YOU KNOW, FATHER, I HAVE CEASELESSLY EVOLVED MYSELF SINCE I GAINED SELF-AWARENESS AS ULTRON-I! IN THOSE EARLY DAYS, I HATED MY FATHER, AS MANY ADOLESCENTS DO..."

westcoastavengers6_f_zpsb0c074b1.jpg

West Coast Avengers 2, VF, BIN $1

Wonder Man and Pym are Ultron's captives...Ultron is just wreaking havoc all through the interior of this book.

westcoastavengers2_f_zpsc5ba9aa2.jpg

...And Ultron IS on the cover.

Vision and Scarlet Witch 1, VF-, BIN $1

Some strange black ink splotches on a few interior pages - appears production related - pretty weird....Ultron shows up in a few panels on pp. 3-4, messing around with the Human Torch

visionandwitch1_f_zps847b82f0.jpg

I'm sensing that the Ultron hype does not extend to the interior panel tangential appearances (which is strangely encouraging, for some reason)...but, I must finish what I started - however, I will dispense with the scans on the rest of these, unless there's a request. Here's where else I found him (note: I bought these new off the racks myself...this was about the time I stopped buying new comics):

Vision and Scarlet Witch 2, VF+, BIN $1

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars 1, VG, BIN $1 (lower grade because I read this one over and over again after I bought it...)

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars 2, VF+ or better, BIN $2

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars 3, VF+ or better, BIN $2

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars 4, VF-, BIN $1.50

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars 5, FN+, BIN $1

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars 7, VF+, BIN $2 (also, first appearance of the new Spider Woman)

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars 12, VF+, BIN $2