• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

Chucked. Ignored. It's a rocky road when a few on here feel that they set the standards what acceptable behavior is for the group.

Actually, that is exactly what society in general and a "community" does. Speaking out against scammers, rude sellers, guys with shady morals, sociopaths or those that cross way over the line and defend it by saying they were "joking" and showing no remorse (and their buddies that defend them) is not setting the standard for the group no matter how cool their books are.

'Cool books' has been a small group's rallying cry for a little while now. But it seems to be the same people trying to use that to stir the pot versus trying to better the forum.

But that's okay. They'll either get over it - or they won't. There are better things to focus on.

;)

What's worse, the "cool books" rallying cry or the willful ignoring of reprehensible behavior because of the promise of said cool books? Amazing isn't how a person's past transgressions are magically forgotten because they pimp sweet comics to people. The "cool books" meme wouldn't exist if not for a few problem children. Let's put the blame where it belongs.

A - freakin' - men (worship)

Cool Books Brah!

Before you all go pointing at cool books people (and I by no means am pointing to you, Pat I'm saying this in general), I know of at least one person who spoke up who was just questioning what happened. He doesn't collect the books that the meme person sells.

The person is a great guy, and sometimes, people say things that might get them tossed in a pot with others.

It's OK, to disagree, or question. I'd be sad if no one did.

My problem was with the artist...who I hope got help during his hiatus and if that did happen and he learned something...

I certainly wouldn't fault someone for learning they made a mistake...a bad mistake.

Not sure if that happened, I'm saying "if".

All this shunning stuff and cool books stuff can be a bit JHS and it can rope perfectly innocent bystanders in by accident.

I really believe it's important to have a community feel here.

I also believe that we don't all have to see things the exact same way...and thank goodness, because there are a lot of Marvel lovers here and I'd hate to be shunned as a DC collector;)

I hear what you're saying, but if someone doesn't think they made a mistake...how can they learn from it?

I'm an optimist, I can only HOPE they get help so they can learn it was a mistake and understand why it was such a dreadful thing to do and why it upset so many people. Until they do figure out they were wrong and apologize, I'll just ignore them...but I won't ignore the other people who had questions...at least one of those people, always has questions and doesn't really take sides and I for one, appreciate that.

What is all the cool books stuff? I'm confused…

Tools sell cool books to mask said tooliness, then claim that they're reputation makes no difference to their "business".

It does make a difference when they start a sales thread and all you hear is crickets.

Tools sell cool books to mask said tooliness, then claim that they're reputation makes no difference to their "business".

It does make a difference when they start a sales thread and all you hear is crickets.

Or the tools dismantle someone else's sales thread...

Chucked. Ignored. It's a rocky road when a few on here feel that they set the standards what acceptable behavior is for the group.

Actually, that is exactly what society in general and a "community" does. Speaking out against scammers, rude sellers, guys with shady morals, sociopaths or those that cross way over the line and defend it by saying they were "joking" and showing no remorse (and their buddies that defend them) is not setting the standard for the group no matter how cool their books are.

'Cool books' has been a small group's rallying cry for a little while now. But it seems to be the same people trying to use that to stir the pot versus trying to better the forum.

But that's okay. They'll either get over it - or they won't. There are better things to focus on.

;)

What's worse, the "cool books" rallying cry or the willful ignoring of reprehensible behavior because of the promise of said cool books? Amazing isn't how a person's past transgressions are magically forgotten because they pimp sweet comics to people. The "cool books" meme wouldn't exist if not for a few problem children. Let's put the blame where it belongs.

A - freakin' - men (worship)

Cool Books Brah!

Before you all go pointing at cool books people (and I by no means am pointing to you, Pat I'm saying this in general), I know of at least one person who spoke up who was just questioning what happened. He doesn't collect the books that the meme person sells.

The person is a great guy, and sometimes, people say things that might get them tossed in a pot with others.

It's OK, to disagree, or question. I'd be sad if no one did.

My problem was with the artist...who I hope got help during his hiatus and if that did happen and he learned something...

I certainly wouldn't fault someone for learning they made a mistake...a bad mistake.

Not sure if that happened, I'm saying "if".

All this shunning stuff and cool books stuff can be a bit JHS and it can rope perfectly innocent bystanders in by accident.

I really believe it's important to have a community feel here.

I also believe that we don't all have to see things the exact same way...and thank goodness, because there are a lot of Marvel lovers here and I'd hate to be shunned as a DC collector;)

I hear what you're saying, but if someone doesn't think they made a mistake...how can they learn from it?

I'm an optimist, I can only HOPE they get help so they can learn it was a mistake and understand why it was such a dreadful thing to do and why it upset so many people. Until they do figure out they were wrong and apologize, I'll just ignore them...but I won't ignore the other people who had questions...at least one of those people, always has questions and doesn't really take sides and I for one, appreciate that.

I'm a realist. Most people don't go looking for help if they don't feel they need it. I appreciate people who do take sides as I like to know where they stand 2c

I'm a realist. Most people don't go looking for help if they don't feel they need it. I appreciate people who do take sides as I like to know where they stand 2c

I understand your point of view... I really do... however,

dollars to donuts you are not a Libra;)

There certainly people on here who I never want to deal with, I would think if they changed it might be false...

However, I don't want to tar and feather the accidental tourists;)

Oops. Is my sarcasm meter broken? :face palm:

No- Logan's nice meter is though…

Someday I'll make you like me :sorry:

Who are you again?

I hate taking my own medicine :cry:

Yeah, "0 replies". :applause:

Then eventually, "Sold per PM" lol

Yeah, "0 replies". :applause:

Then eventually, "Sold per PM" lol

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me it all if some of those books did sell via PM. People still want their cool books,but maybe they don't want to be outed as a person who has no issue dealing with a HoS'er.

I eagerly await the first boardie to tattoo "cool books 4 life" onto their body.
Wanna pay for it?

I'd chip in a couple a' bucks.