• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

Sounds just like here. (shrug)

There was a time....long since passed into the mists....when the eBay comics chatboard was all sparkly and new.

TimDrake72 was there.

So was Stupidman.

And Comicsgirl showed up.

And then there was Dubbl-T.

Gwentleaf made his way there.

And the Rabid Badger...

Before the CGC boards. Before CBR boards. Before CPG boards, Before STL. Before Valiantfans.

And.

It.

Was.

Magic.

:cloud9:

... and RCheli

Catrick339

JMG3637

fingfangfoom

skypinkblu

Catskillcomics

Yep, many of us migrated here from the eBay Comics Chat Board. (Which no longer exists, by the way.) It certainly was a fun place in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

I used to go in there and start "CGC Graded Pretty Book of the Day" threads.....then sit back and watch all the foaming at the mouth and gnashing of teeth.

It was like hitting a hornets nest with a stick. lol

No offense, but you all are dating yourself putting JHS

I once dated myself.

It was the worst three months of my life.

Talk about high maintenance relationships.

dangerfield-rodney2.jpg

He's dead, he won't mind if I steal his material.

All this shunning stuff and cool books stuff can be a bit JHS and it can rope perfectly innocent bystanders in by accident.

I really believe it's important to have a community feel here.

I also believe that we don't all have to see things the exact same way...and thank goodness, because there are a lot of Marvel lovers here and I'd hate to be shunned as a DC collector;)

No, it's not "JHS" at all. It's what adults do when they encounter people with whom they have a problem: they do not engage them. It's the mature, reasonable, grown-up thing to do.

No one said anything about being shunned by "Marvel lovers because they are DC collectors." That IS Junior high school, and not anything that anyone is talking about.

That's just you trying to diminish that with which you do not agree by subtly mocking it.

I've had you on ignore for a long time, I'm sure you have me on ignore as well. I would appreciate your not responding to my posts. They are not about you and you are incorrect.

I'm not answering again, but I will start hitting the button for trolling if you continue to make references about me. I've never done that before, not even once, but I will start.

Chucked. Ignored. It's a rocky road when a few on here feel that they set the standards what acceptable behavior is for the group.

Actually, that is exactly what society in general and a "community" does. Speaking out against scammers, rude sellers, guys with shady morals, sociopaths or those that cross way over the line and defend it by saying they were "joking" and showing no remorse (and their buddies that defend them) is not setting the standard for the group no matter how cool their books are.

'Cool books' has been a small group's rallying cry for a little while now. But it seems to be the same people trying to use that to stir the pot versus trying to better the forum.

But that's okay. They'll either get over it - or they won't. There are better things to focus on.

;)

What's worse, the "cool books" rallying cry or the willful ignoring of reprehensible behavior because of the promise of said cool books? Amazing isn't how a person's past transgressions are magically forgotten because they pimp sweet comics to people. The "cool books" meme wouldn't exist if not for a few problem children. Let's put the blame where it belongs.

Jeff, no matter what, you know I respect what you have to say.

But come on. There are people blending in situations where someone is a crook or potential threat to buyers and sellers with their personal vendetta candidates. When the lines get blurred like that, all you get is a powder keg of trouble.

It's one of those situations of while the heat is on, let's throw some more names on the list for good measure. Even someone throwing out 'we know what side you are on' - like there is clear black and white in these situations - is just another attempt at stirring up trouble.

It goes beyond the "cool books" group though, which was the group you specified in your post. You can't blame it all on one group. I see people on the other side throwing out jabs as well. How are they helping make the boards a better place. You want the cool books talk to stop? Get rid of those people peddling cool books to cover up their deficiencies.

Could someone clarify what you mean by "cool books group"? I seem to be missing something. (shrug)

Tim,I think they are talking about those that still deal with solarcadet1 and other PL,HOS members

What happens if you don't understand the shunning part of the shun process? hm

Then the shunnee cannot be shunned by the shunner, but the shunning spectators can feel as if the shunnee has been properly shunned, despite the fact that he - the shunnee - is not aware of any shunning, per se.

We shun you for being a virshun.

Then the shunnee cannot be shunned by the shunner, but the shunning spectators can feel as if the shunnee has been properly shunned, despite the fact that he - the shunnee - is not aware of any shunning, per se.

Shunned by the shunner, the shunnee either shuns in return, or is shunned to a state of shunanimity, pending his awareness of the shunning perpetrated on him by the shunner, and his co-shunning cohorts.

Hmm, Shunnees and Non-Shunnes - sounds quite sectarian.

Shunned by the shunner, the shunnee either shuns in return, or is shunned to a state of shunanimity, pending his awareness of the shunning perpetrated on him by the shunner, and his co-shunning cohorts.

So, the answer is, of course: Pickle.

All this shunning stuff and cool books stuff can be a bit JHS and it can rope perfectly innocent bystanders in by accident.

I really believe it's important to have a community feel here.

I also believe that we don't all have to see things the exact same way...and thank goodness, because there are a lot of Marvel lovers here and I'd hate to be shunned as a DC collector;)

No, it's not "JHS" at all. It's what adults do when they encounter people with whom they have a problem: they do not engage them. It's the mature, reasonable, grown-up thing to do.

No one said anything about being shunned by "Marvel lovers because they are DC collectors." That IS Junior high school, and not anything that anyone is talking about.

That's just you trying to diminish that with which you do not agree by subtly mocking it.

I've had you on ignore for a long time, I'm sure you have me on ignore as well. I would appreciate your not responding to my posts. They are not about you and you are incorrect.

I'm not answering again, but I will start hitting the button for trolling if you continue to make references about me. I've never done that before, not even once, but I will start.

I happily ignore you, and have done so for years. I brought up "shunning", which you then referred to, indirectly responding to me. If you don't wish me to reply to you, please don't refer to the things I say.

I am also not answering again, but I will start hitting the button for trolling if you continue to make references about me and what I say.

What's fair is fair.

There was a time....long since passed into the mists....when the eBay comics chatboard was all sparkly and new.

TimDrake72 was there.

So was Stupidman.

And the Rabid Badger...

Before the CGC boards. Before CBR boards. Before CPG boards, Before STL. Before Valiantfans.

And.

It.

Was.

Magic.

... and RCheli

Catrick339

JMG3637

fingfangfoom

skypinkblu

Catskillcomics

Yep, many of us migrated here from the eBay Comics Chat Board. (Which no longer exists, by the way.) It certainly was a fun place in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

I used to go in there and start "CGC Graded Pretty Book of the Day" threads.....then sit back and watch all the foaming at the mouth and gnashing of teeth.

Wrong board. Manatee/RMA/Sky are talking about the Ebay Live Comics board, you're talking about the Threaded Comic board. The threaded board didn't arrive until several years after the live board. Just an FYI, "so_duh_pop".

TimDrake72 was there.

So was Stupidman.

And the Rabid Badger...

And.

It.

Was.

Magic.

... and RCheli

Catrick339

JMG3637

fingfangfoom

skypinkblu

Catskillcomics

:golfclap:

TimDrake72 was there.

So was Stupidman.

And the Rabid Badger...

And.

It.

Was.

Magic.

... and RCheli

Catrick339

JMG3637

fingfangfoom

skypinkblu

Catskillcomics

Wrong board. Manatee/RMA/Sky are talking about the Ebay Live Comics board, you're talking about the Threaded Comic board. The threaded board didn't arrive until several years after the live board. Just an FYI, "so_duh_pop".

It was hard to tell with all the mouth foam flying around. lol