• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

Many people here lack self awareness.

Many people here feign any personal responsibility.

Many people here don't care who they buy books from.

Many people here are incapable of admitting fault.

Many people here can't let anything go.

Many people here will excuse their buddies' deplorable behavior.

Many people here will do anything for a buck.

Many people here make hypocritical statements sometimes in the same sentence.

I fall into several of those categories above. Pick one. Pick them all.

I don't have a grudge against Rupp. I know full well what he did and there was no remorse. That to me is unacceptable in the real world. I have no grudge against Bosco. Excusing Rupp's behavior as "crazy humor" is insulting and unacceptable in the real world.

I have no grudge against the rest of those that support Rupp. Regardless of the fact that I thought he should have been banned permanently, all I would have personally needed to move on was knowing there was an apology to those he went after. How others can "move on" from that situation in one breath and then condemn Solarcadet or some other random cruddy seller in the next breath befuddles me.

But at the end of the day, that is on you guys/girls. Celebrate those that will sell you comic books.

I'm glad you are being totally clear on your beliefs. There is nothing wrong with that in the least. But when you make these statements, please go a step further and use facts. Not the things you think were stated.

I never said I excused the crazy images that were discovered. Even when you go back to the original posts from that blowup, I made that clear. But you were so riled up, all you wanted was blood.

Now with all these demands of Rupp making an apology, is anyone that helped start the entire fued also going out of their way to make an apology? Seems like that behavior is a wash when what happened had to start somewhere with a difference of opinion, and a personal attack that just didn't seem to stop.

One of those having an issue with him went out of their way to lie about a horrible transaction, forgetting they had left him positive feedback. You don't see that as questionable behavior? Would you really trust someone like that who lies to make their point, gets caught, and then makes the statement they only left positive feedback because they didn't want to cause trouble?

That fellow? Leave something to be so he could keep the peace? He lied. Where's the concern over that? Is he going to publicly apologize for lying? I have concerns with that when people are clapping him on the back over it.

Maybe Jeffro can explain that one as well, as I trust in his judgment. Comix4fun too, as he is another board member I trust that had issues with Rupp. Are those fellows totally okay with a board member that lies about a bad transaction in order to hurt someone's reputation due to a grudge?

A fact is that you literally stated IN THIS THREAD that those images were Rupp's "crazy humor". That is an excuse. If you look up the definition of excuse, they would use that as an example. Go ask the guy that created the word "excuse"and he would say "Yep, there is my definition." It is in context and everything. lol

The "fued"was Rupp getting called out for making disturbing memes about people that he clearly did not like and did not get along with and then showed to his buddies and stored them in his public Photobucket. He was called out when he continued doing so with memes about me. Granted, those were tame but the fact that he went through five years (maybe six) of my posts to find my pictures is disturbing.

And you have now dismissed that again with something about a transaction because that somehow compares to making a meme about another member blowing their brains out? Holy crap!

Your ability to cloud the real issue with other tangentially related bs is quite a skill. One sentence about Rupp apologizing and two paragraphs about a transaction. You should consider politics.

Your ability to ignore all the poor behavior from all involved - including yourself many times over - is quite a skill. Meanwhile, think back to when Graham Comics sent a threatening PM to Rupp, leading to his strike. Rupp posting the PM in CG afterwards was definitely not a wise move. The attacks he went through afterwards over that situation have no justification after the initial point was made not to post PM details.

So people lying to keep the attacks going is quite an interesting skill you have in writing that off as justified behavior long before these Photobucket memes were tracked down. You don't see that being a moral compass that floats the wrong way? It sure is in the real world.

Well, I guess if I do go to a con to meet boardies, maybe I'd better get me one of these to wear:

ignore.png

Around $25 delivered for a single shirt through customink.

Around $17 each delivered if I order ten. hm

You can even put your board name on the back.

I don't have a grudge against Rupp. I know full well what he did and there was no remorse. That to me is unacceptable in the real world. I have no grudge against Bosco. Excusing Rupp's behavior as "crazy humor" is insulting and unacceptable in the real world.

I have no grudge against the rest of those that support Rupp. Regardless of the fact that I thought he should have been banned permanently, all I would have personally needed to move on was knowing there was an apology to those he went after. How others can "move on" from that situation in one breath and then condemn Solarcadet or some other random cruddy seller in the next breath befuddles me.

But at the end of the day, that is on you guys/girls. Celebrate those that will sell you comic books.

I'm glad you are being totally clear on your beliefs. There is nothing wrong with that in the least. But when you make these statements, please go a step further and use facts. Not the things you think were stated.

I never said I excused the crazy images that were discovered. Even when you go back to the original posts from that blowup, I made that clear. But you were so riled up, all you wanted was blood.

Now with all these demands of Rupp making an apology, is anyone that helped start the entire fued also going out of their way to make an apology? Seems like that behavior is a wash when what happened had to start somewhere with a difference of opinion, and a personal attack that just didn't seem to stop.

One of those having an issue with him went out of their way to lie about a horrible transaction, forgetting they had left him positive feedback. You don't see that as questionable behavior? Would you really trust someone like that who lies to make their point, gets caught, and then makes the statement they only left positive feedback because they didn't want to cause trouble?

That fellow? Leave something to be so he could keep the peace? He lied. Where's the concern over that? Is he going to publicly apologize for lying? I have concerns with that when people are clapping him on the back over it.

Maybe Jeffro can explain that one as well, as I trust in his judgment. Comix4fun too, as he is another board member I trust that had issues with Rupp. Are those fellows totally okay with a board member that lies about a bad transaction in order to hurt someone's reputation due to a grudge?

I apologize for having lied by leaving him positive feedback when it wasn't deserved. I apologize for doing that because it didn't seem worth it to make an issue over $10-15 worth of books packaged in a folded over pizza box. I also apologize for making the comment I did in response to some snark I received when I had been trying to help him during the Jamie Graham situation.

Please accept my apology.

This is typical behavior for you. Lie to attack someone's credibility at the time, and then write it off as a joke.

You purposely lied about a positive transaction that Rupp had with you, from which you had left positive feedback in his kudos thread. Then when you were called out on this, you added to that lie by stating you didn't want to cause any issues.

You? Not want to cause an issue and let things go? Anyone that reads your posts about movies not following the exact content of a comic, or cool books, knows you never let things go.

You lied. Apologize for the lie, and not the twist on the story you added to justify the lie. That's what grownups do in the real world.

Well, I guess if I do go to a con to meet boardies, maybe I'd better get me one of these to wear:

ignore.png

Silk Screen would be better....

Your ability to ignore all the poor behavior from all involved - including yourself many times over - is quite a skill. Meanwhile, think back to when Graham Comics sent a threatening PM to Rupp, leading to his strike. Rupp posting the PM in CG afterwards was definitely not a wise move. The attacks he went through afterwards over that situation have no justification after the initial point was made not to post PM details.

So people lying to keep the attacks going is quite an interesting skill you have in writing that off as justified behavior long before these Photobucket memes were tracked down. You don't see that being a moral compass that floats the wrong way? It sure is in the real world.

Obfuscate. Obfuscate. Obfuscate.

Repeat my words back to me and use some buzzwords. lol Nice conversation.

My poor behavior? Nice deflection.

You are grasping at anything now.

Oh well, I can use the 3 points to get by Unfunny Ryan.

This is typical behavior for you. Lie to attack someone's credibility at the time, and then write it off as a joke.

You purposely lied about a positive transaction that Rupp had with you, from which you had left positive feedback in his kudos thread. Then when you were called out on this, you added to that lie by stating you didn't want to cause any issues.

You? Not want to cause an issue and let things go? Anyone that reads your posts about movies not following the exact content of a comic, or cool books, knows you never let things go.

You lied. Apologize for the lie, and not the twist on the story you added to justify the lie. That's what grownups do in the real world.

You should make a meme about it.

I apologize for having lied by leaving him positive feedback when it wasn't deserved. I apologize for doing that because it didn't seem worth it to make an issue over $10-15 worth of books packaged in a folded over pizza box. I also apologize for making the comment I did in response to some snark I received when I had been trying to help him during the Jamie Graham situation.

I'm trying to recall if you were part of that transaction...oh yeah, you weren't.

Answer me this. If I were so satisfied, how come I never had another transaction with him ever again? Is it possibly because I tried him out with a small dollar amount like I do with people on EBay, wasn't satisfied and not caring to start krap over $10, just left positive feedback and decided to never buy from him again? hm

You're right, I should've asked for a refund at the time, not left any feedback, packaged up the books and shipped them back.

I apologize I didn't do that.

I used to be a moderator for the Ebay chat boards. I quit being a mod and quit visiting those chat forums a few years ago. When I found these boards.

But the trouble makers here are pretty much the same troublemakers that were there on Ebay.

It is a small world. Especially the comic book collecting world.

I agree, I quit going there too. It's a haven of people who have no desire in incorporating business ethics and will fight you tooth and nail against it while calling you an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for wanting it. I guess that no matter where you go or which boards go on there are these types of people.

I'm trying to recall if you were part of that transaction...oh yeah, you weren't.

Answer me this. If I were so satisfied, how come I never had another transaction with him ever again? Is it possibly because I tried him out with a small dollar amount like I do with people on EBay, wasn't satisfied and not caring to start krap over $10, just left positive feedback and decided to never buy from him again? hm

You're right, I should've asked for a refund at the time, not left any feedback, packaged up the books and shipped them back.

I apologize I didn't do that.

Do you think this is fun calling you out like this? Do you think this makes anyone run outside clicking their heels together while yelling 'It's going to be a great day'?

But this is what you all cause when you ride people, and ride people, and then ride a little more. You are part of the problem - not the solution.

I used to think you were a really good guy. And maybe you still are. But you let your fixation on whatever the distraction is for the moment take hold, and then have to keep it going like some uncontrollable reaction.

Have you even seen me riding around this forum saying 'Cool Lies' or anything like that before today? I'm too busy enjoying comic discussions, comic book TV and movie discussions, and enjoying people talking about their thoughts on life.

Let this go. It is not healthy for anyone. Save it for the real crooks and scammers that stop by for a drive-by shooting. They deserve all of our attention.

Obfuscate. Obfuscate. Obfuscate.

Repeat my words back to me and use some buzzwords. lol Nice conversation.

My poor behavior? Nice deflection.

You are grasping at anything now.

Oh well, I can use the 3 points to get by Unfunny Ryan.

For a fellow not holding a grudge, you sure seem consistent in what you attempt to point out and convince people of. You are stuck in a grudge spinning pool, and can't come out of it. Yet it is okay for one of your supporters to lie about a transaction. That you forgive?

And I get it about your personal picture being used in a meme. That was so wrong, as it means someone had to hunt down your history to track it down. And Rupp paid the price for that with a very long strike. I don't think I have ever seen a two-month suspension before.

But your constant attempts to bring all this up so you can finally convince the mods to just kick people out that you don't agree with is a sickness. You are just too fixated on this to let it go. Yet many of us want to talk about comic books, movies and TV shows about comic books, and also have some fun that isn't about beating people down.

Let it go!

I wanted to post something as well...just decided to be nice instead.

I've never really had that happen.

hm

There was that one time back in 2007 when you were almost polite. No, wait, you were an sob then to.

Carry on. :sorry:

He'll always be an sob. :cloud9:

ignore.png

Could be fun for NYCC ....