• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

I don't think that's the issue, I think the issue is the comments he makes about the things listed. I've seen him critique stuff, make comments about pricing, etc. He could have strong opinions in the sales discussion thread instead.

Hopefully, he'll realize that when he gets back.

Brock attempted to :takeit: in one of amnesiac's recent sales threads and was completely shot down and denied much to the delight of several onlookers I'm sure. But Brock didn't reply and restrained himself. He definitely has an issue at times with lack of a filter, but many here do, myself included. I guess I missed this latest infraction.

Link.

What happened? LInk?

I'm looking, but I'd put good money his comments were removed. Before my strike, they removed everything I'd posted for like the last 24 hours. It made it very difficult to figure out what I said that caused my strike and of course CGCMod0 still hasn't answered my question…

The mods are instructed not to interact with members, so you'll never get an answer unless you appeal to their superiors.

I get that some don't like Brock, but I don't think he deserves all his posts humped. He's a good guy- he just has strong opinions and isn't afraid to voice them.

We've also seen much harsher comments from others on the boards.

You can have strong opinions (most of us do from time to time) without constantly taking dumps in peoples sales threads.

That is why I feel like I'm missing something. hm

Brock attempted to :takeit: in one of amnesiac's recent sales threads and was completely shot down and denied much to the delight of several onlookers I'm sure. But Brock didn't reply and restrained himself. He definitely has an issue at times with lack of a filter, but many here do, myself included. I guess I missed this latest infraction.

He did make his feelings known about the situation in another thread, though.

I'll take #3 is he is on ignore lol

Steve reads my messages just fine, thank you!

And as for that in the copper/modern thread, that's his loss (and #%@^$#*$^& for that matter).

What happened? LInk?

I'm looking, but I'd put good money his comments were removed. Before my strike, they removed everything I'd posted for like the last 24 hours. It made it very difficult to figure out what I said that caused my strike and of course CGCMod0 still hasn't answered my question…

The mods are instructed not to interact with members, so you'll never get an answer unless you appeal to their superiors.

But, how would you know this without..... INTERACTION :o

:foryou:

Yeah, I saw that. But he was replying to someone throwing out a " :takeit: if he's on your list" which is kind of :eyeroll: IMO.

I wouldn't think that is strikeworthy or threadkrapping if he just took a book.

What happened? LInk?

Architect?

I get that some don't like Brock, but I don't think he deserves all his posts humped. He's a good guy- he just has strong opinions and isn't afraid to voice them.

You can have strong opinions (most of us do from time to time) without constantly taking dumps in peoples sales threads.

Can you provide a link to the "Dump" Brock took? You've also been one of his harshest critics here so I'm not sure I can take your comment to heart...

Not sure it is a matter of "quality" but quantity. I have no issues with Brock but expressing your thoughts on a persons price or grade in their sales thread is not good form. Either agree and buy or disagree and say nothing. It is really that simple. If a seller over grades/overprices a book they will eventually learn. Either they wont sell a single book here, or they will receive some constructive criticism via PM.

I think it was David Millers Incredible Hulk 1 ST.

I went into the Hulk sales thread to quote some of the interaction Brock had with David and "poof" it was scrubbed clean.

What happened? LInk?

That's not true. They will respond given time.

Can you provide a link to the "Dump" Brock took? You've also been one of his harshest critics here so I'm not sure I can take your comment to heart...

Let his record speak for itself. Third strike for disrupting sales threads. (shrug)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7331637#Post7331637

I think the remark that got him this strike may have been removed by the mods.

I have been a critic of him. I take ownership of that. I think he deserves criticism.

Let his record speak for itself. Third strike for disrupting sales threads. (shrug)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7331637#Post7331637

I have been a critic of him. I take ownership of that. I think he deserves criticism.

Yea but when a person follows people around and make comments about everything they say and jump on celebrating their misfortunes it gets to be a little much.

Just my 2c

What happened? LInk?

But, how would you know this without..... INTERACTION :o

:foryou:

Arch posted it. (shrug)

What happened? LInk?

Arch specifically stated a few weeks ago that they are not to respond to board member, so I'm just going by what he said.

I am assuming that if / when they respond, it's because higher ups mandate it. Just a guess though.

and Dena.

Yeah, I think my (unclear) point was the the daily mods aren't supposed to answer questions but the higher ups like Arch and Dena do.

Yea but when you follow people around and make comments about everything they say and jump on celebrating their misfortunes it gets to be a little much.

Just my 2c

I recently put him on ignore so that won't happen anymore. Although, there have been plenty of his comments that I chose not to reply to, so "follow people around and make comments about everything they say" don't hold water.

However, a little "dancing on the grave" of someone who totally deserves it? yeah, guilty as charged. I'm sure it will happen again too. (shrug)

What happened? LInk?

Arch specifically stated a few weeks ago that they are not to respond to board member, so I'm just going by what he said.

I am assuming that if / when they respond, it's because higher ups mandate it. Just a guess though.

Well, I sent Arch a PM with the Mod CCed on it asking for clarification.

I truly think if they want us to learn from our mistakes they need to be more transparent (anyone noticed a trend with this company).

They should provide a link to the comment you made and say "Strike- Politics" or something. I've made harsher comments in Harvey's TGT thread then I have any where else and yet starting threads about current events got me a strike (shrug)

Well, I sent Arch a PM with the Mod CCed on it asking for clarification.

I truly think if they want us to learn from our mistakes they need to be more transparent (anyone noticed a trend with this company).

I've been asking for more transparency in the moderation every since it became outsourced. I think over all the moderation is inconsistent and it's sometimes difficult to know what is and isn't strike worthy. I don't think the mods are making their lives any easier but not communicating in detail the cause of the strikes, etc.