• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

I like Brock, I like CAL and I like The Resurrection – there must be something wrong with me! lol

(And, no I’m not a die-hard "volemose bene" hippie like Roy! :insane:

Roy is ignoring me… for now.

Roy tolerates the juveniles. I expose them.

Valiant: thanks for the positive post, but in doing so, you are putting yourself at risk at the many back-stabbers and haters here. Just to be fair to warn you.

I ran out of finger and toes to count how many PM's I got stating something like this:

"CAL you are right, but I don't want to lose my other friends here on this Forum". So I gotta bow out". I managed to save a few of them. Just in case they try to get brave at a later date.

CAL the scorekeeper...

I'm not ignoring you. I just think the exchange you were having with Resurrection was childish (both of you) and didn't want to get involved. (shrug)

I've defended you in the past but your inability to just let some things slide makes you difficult to defend sometimes so I'll just let you be.

You don't have to take up every challenge. Sometimes choosing specific ones is more strategic then fighting all of them.

I'll just say one last thing on the thread, I would ask the the CGC mods please use good judgement and reevaluate the situation when giving strikes. Look at the intent.

I don't know what has happened recently and I know there is no instant replay here, but keep that in mind so that mistakes no longer happen. (thumbs u

And this is coming from someone strike free over 11 years and running :acclaim:

You have a reputation around the boards and I'd prefer to not have you set your crosshairs on me so I'll leave this alone.

I think the only reputation Jeffro may have around these parts is that he enjoys krap monster flicks.

I like Brock, I like CAL and I like The Resurrection – there must be something wrong with me! lol

(And, no I’m not a die-hard "volemose bene" hippie like Roy! :insane:

Roy is ignoring me… for now.

Roy tolerates the juveniles. I expose them.

Valiant: thanks for the positive post, but in doing so, you are putting yourself at risk at the many back-stabbers and haters here. Just to be fair to warn you.

I ran out of finger and toes to count how many PM's I got stating something like this:

"CAL you are right, but I don't want to lose my other friends here on this Forum". So I gotta bow out". I managed to save a few of them. Just in case they try to get brave at a later date.

CAL the scorekeeper...

I'm not ignoring you. I just think the exchange you were having with Resurrection was childish (both of you) and didn't want to get involved. (shrug)

I've defended you in the past but your inability to just let some things slide makes you difficult to defend sometimes so I'll just let you be.

You don't have to take up every challenge. Sometimes choosing specific ones is more strategic then fighting all of them.

I was speaking on topic and was attacked.

You have a reputation around the boards and I'd prefer to not have you set your crosshairs on me so I'll leave this alone.

I think the only reputation Jeffro may have around these parts is that he enjoys krap monster flicks.

Who deosn't?

Even if you were attacked, you began trolling him back with silly comments. (shrug)

All I'm saying is I didn't want to enter into it in the first place. I simply commented as to why I didn't because Cal called me out.

Who deosn't?

+1

If if you were attacked, you began trolling him back with silly comments. (shrug)

All I'm saying is I didn't want to enter into it in the first place. I simply commented as to why I didn't because Cal called me out.

If this is the place for personal attacks, I'd like to attack your ball handling skills.

perhaps the question we should be asking is just what is right with Jeffro?

He's a real comic book collector, and a very nice guy.

Claudio, your English is terrific.

I'm quieter in person, I don't talk in purple.

However, some of these posts going back to things that were upsetting a zillion years ago show that people don't know how to move forward.

Getting back to the strike, hopefully, Brock moves forward and learns to critique off sales threads.

Sometimes people just make a mistake in their threads and a simple PM helps them.

Even if you were attacked, you began trolling him back with silly comments. (shrug)

Your contradicting yourself Roy. You did enter into it.

I'll just say one last thing on the thread, I would ask the the CGC mods please use good judgement and reevaluate the situation when giving strikes. Look at the intent.

I don't know what has happened recently and I know there is no instant replay here, but keep that in mind so that mistakes no longer happen. (thumbs u

And this is coming from someone strike free over 11 years and running :acclaim:

hm

If if you were attacked, you began trolling him back with silly comments. (shrug)

If this is the place for personal attacks, I'd like to attack your ball handling skills.

That sounds naughty.

I guess, the reason for "impersonal" moderation lies in the fact that this board is offered and hosted by a commercial company. If people are not directly involved in the creation or tenure of a personal forum (not the case here) I think it’s just fair people paid (or assigned) to moderate use generic number names.

it's not impersonal in my opinion. I have posted on many corporate message boards over the years, this board is by far the worst in terms of moderation.

They let a lot of things go which professionally run companies would auto-life-ban people for, which is fun for members I guess, but creates extremely unbalanced moderation. They try to turn it into an "asset" with their descriptions in the rules...

But what it really does is breed nepotism, cliques, etc. If the moderators simply had their actual accounts given moderator privileges, they would have to be accountable for their actions to the community, and be able to justify what they do.

They dont do it because they dont want to be harassed by people trying to argue every decision, which is valid. But, what real boards do is simply have a rule not allowing debate of moderation decisions (which this board has already), and warn/ban people who try to argue.

The protection of accountability comes not from individuals arguing moderation decisions, but the community as a whole ensuring errors are corrected, mods are sanctioned when needed, etc.

Haven't you seen, they've improved!

basketball-brick-o_zps89b824d7.gif

Your contradicting yourself Roy. You did enter into it.

The exchange between Res and Cal? I didn't want to enter into it but did when Cal called me out.

I don't see a contradiction. (shrug)