• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

he made a comment in a sales thread about the seller not responding to PMs

while it was a bit disruptive, I've seen worse go unpunished.

That's it? Kinda strict huh.

The threadcrapping has gotten out of control, and I think the pendulum has swung the other way now.

If you threadcrap and someone humps the button or a Mod sees it, you're gonna have a bad day.

I thought there were several comments made and then later deleted (by mods or the author)

I saw 4 comments made that were deleted, maybe some more were removed prior to me seeing them but I thought that's all CC had wrote.

The threadcrapping has gotten out of control, and I think the pendulum has swung the other way now.

If you threadcrap and someone humps the button or a Mod sees it, you're gonna have a bad day.

+1

It certainly appears that way. TKers beware!

If CC really said that he probably deserved it. Seems like he was bringing some dirty laundry from another thread into the sales thread (shrug)

yep, my understanding this stemmed from some PM exchanges coming out of the OPs WTB thread. CC offered him some books, OP said no... somewhere in there jimmies were rustled, and CC went at him in the OPs sales thread.

Maybe the mods have warned him before about krapping (I've been PM'd warnings before about boobie posts), and maybe that was the last straw. We'll never know. CC has been vocal on some threads that really deserved being called out on, and maybe it caught up with him - but Brock is definitely one of the good guys.

I thought there were several comments made and then later deleted (by mods or the author)

I saw 4 comments made that were deleted, maybe some more were removed prior to me seeing them but I thought that's all CC had wrote.

Well, I'd consider that several. His issues with that dude should have probably been vented in the discussion area. He would have been safe there. Unless there's some actual issue or fraud with the thread itself bringing up other issues from outside of that thread puts a bullseye on your back right now.

Well, I'd consider that several. His issues with that dude should have probably been vented in the discussion area. He would have been safe there. Unless there's some actual issue or fraud with the thread itself bringing up other issues from outside of that thread puts a bullseye on your back right now.

my apologies, I should have clarified. I only saw one of the 4 posts that were deleted belonging to CC, that being said you are absolutely correct. Those discussions should be kept elsewhere and it appears the mods are enforcing the rules now, which is not a bad thing.

That WTB thread (in question) continues to escalate with another member and I wouldn't be surprised if warnings or more strikes weren't coming.

WTF is going on in the WTB thread?

In general, some people lack decorum and don't know when to keep their fat mouths shut. There used to be some expectations, such as PMing people but that apparently has changed and become let's start a huge mess storm in the person's WTB thread.

lol

I understand GIJOEISANGRY's frustration, I've had that happen, too.

In general, some people lack decorum and don't know when to keep their fat mouths shut. There used to be some expectations, such as PMing people but that apparently has changed and become let's start a huge mess storm in the person's WTB thread.

Just a quick PM response like "Thanks for responding to my WTB but I am going to keep looking" should be perfectly acceptable. But having someone scan front and back covers, and then deleting yourself from the PM without even a response?!

Still doesn't mean a big blowup in his WTB is okay.

Just a quick PM response like "Thanks for responding to my WTB but I am going to keep looking" should be perfectly acceptable. But having someone scan front and back covers, and then deleting yourself from the PM without even a response?!

I don't disagree. There is sometimes a lack of respect on both sides.

If anyone needs help with their WTB threads, please let me know.

I'm more than happy to come over there and yell at you for awhile. ;)

$1 per post

or

$100 Butthurt Package: includes unlimited posts up to and including my strike.

$1 per post

or

Will you yell at others for me? :baiting:

I don't disagree. There is sometimes a lack of respect on both sides.

I had a guy do that with a giant stack of Hellboy books a couple years back. Had me run through all the book and grade them (I was asking a buck or two max per) which was fine, then started asking for scans, and more and more and more, then just disappeared.

$1 per post

or

Will you yell at others for me? :baiting:

:) Absolutely. (thumbs u

$1 per post

or

I'll do it for half that price, and I will throw in memes!

I am a bit of a voracious poster...

:devil:

-slym