• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

Why can't everyone just be polite when trying to conduct business on here? It's not that freaking hard.

WTF is going on in the WTB thread?

In general, some people lack decorum and don't know when to keep their fat mouths shut. There used to be some expectations, such as PMing people but that apparently has changed and become let's start a huge mess storm in the person's WTB thread.

Just a quick PM response like "Thanks for responding to my WTB but I am going to keep looking" should be perfectly acceptable. But having someone scan front and back covers, and then deleting yourself from the PM without even a response?!

Still doesn't mean a big blowup in his WTB is okay.

Mr. WTB could have taken 30 seconds to say "no thanks".

Mr. IHASANEWTHREADGIJOEISAWESOME could have realized that you could lose 2 minutes of your life scanning, or 2 minutes + an hour of conflict, due to just not letting it go.

I recommend Vagisil for both sides.

Why can't everyone just be polite when trying to conduct business on here? It's not that freaking hard.

FU

We're not doing any business...so FU harder, and in the ear.

I think some respond to BS they perceive on the other side:

"What's the grade?" "Look at the photo for grade - grading is subjective." And...., the photos are tiny.

"I guess there is no interest, so I'll move them to eBay" Good luck on that one if you can't grade.

"Maybe I should CGC these and make even more money" Good luck with that one if you can't grade.

"Yeah, send them to CGC." "But I was just trying to save folks money" On books with no grade and far away photos of the items.

lol

I understand GIJOEISANGRY's frustration, I've had that happen, too.

He got Thirdgreenham's dander up. That is hard to do.

That's true.

I haven't even seen his dander since Betamax died.

If anyone needs help with their WTB threads, please let me know.

I'm more than happy to come over there and yell at you for awhile. ;)

$1 per post

or

$100 Butthurt Package: includes unlimited posts up to and including my strike.

lol

"What's the grade?" "Look at the photo for grade - grading is subjective." And...., the photos are tiny.

"I guess there is no interest, so I'll move them to eBay" Good luck on that one if you can't grade.

"Maybe I should CGC these and make even more money" Good luck with that one if you can't grade.

"Yeah, send them to CGC." "But I was just trying to save folks money" On books with no grade and far away photos of the items.

All those responses are not necessary though, even if they're true. I don't get why people can't move on from BS without commenting.

If someone's grading, pricing, or overall approach to selling sucks, ignore them. If others agree with you, their threads will flop and they'll either be forced to reevaluate or go away. If someone offers you something you don't want, say "not interested, but thanks anyway" and move on; conversely, if someone turns down something you offer, don't be so friggin' precious about it.

I don't know...it all seems easy to me. I've done my share of business on here, and it ain't that hard.

All those responses are not necessary though, even if they're true. I don't get why people can't move on from BS without commenting.

If someone's grading, pricing, or overall approach to selling sucks, ignore them. If others agree with you, their threads will flop and they'll either be forced to reevaluate or go away. If someone offers you something you don't want, say "not interested, but thanks anyway" and move on; conversely, if someone turns down something you offer, don't be so friggin' precious about it.

I don't know...it all seems easy to me. I've done my share of business on here, and it ain't that hard.

I totally agree with you. I'm just saying if you're a tool, don't be surprised when people treat you like one. :acclaim:

It shouldn't be, but apparently it is lately. (shrug)

I know it sounds crazy, but it's almost as if some comic book collectors on internet forums lack social skills.

:acclaim: I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

I know it sounds crazy, but it's almost as if some comic book collectors on internet forums lack social skills.

:acclaim:

:o

lol Touché.