• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

Again, tried looking, but did not see anything that Brock did that warranted a strike. Brock has always been, as far as I can see a gentleman on the boards. It is rare that I have seen him get annoyed at anyone

This.

Exchanged quite a few PMs with Brock. Stand up guy (thumbs u

Sadly, social graces and basic manners are the exception, not the norm.

That is not true.

You are getting in the way of my awesome hyperbole.

Again, tried looking, but did not see anything that Brock did that warranted a strike. Brock has always been, as far as I can see a gentleman on the boards. It is rare that I have seen him get annoyed at anyone

This.

The mods pulled the offending posts - like they do pretty much every single time someone gets a strike. You guys are talking like you've never had your posts mysteriously disappear :lol:

This.

I think the stuff that got him the strike was deleted. So there's nothing we can see.

It looks like he jumped into a guy's thread, with a few posts, that had nothing to do with that thread and related to his annoyance over some other issue. Again, all those posts were subsequently deleted which would explain why you can't see anything that would bring a strike.

Maybe the mods have warned him before about krapping (I've been PM'd warnings before about boobie posts), and maybe that was the last straw. We'll never know. CC has been vocal on some threads that really deserved being called out on, and maybe it caught up with him - but Brock is definitely one of the good guys.

+1 I've done a lot of business with Brock and even met him at Baltimore this year. He's a great guy and this doesn't change anything here. I always contact him first when I'm looking for a book and he usually comes through.

I'm sure whatever was said was in an attempt to serve the community and may have just come across odd. Also seems like the Mods try to make an example out of people sometimes.

I'm sure he's a great guy, but that doesn't mean he's incapable of making a douchenozzle of himself every now and then. We all do it at some point or another.

This.

I think the stuff that got him the strike was deleted. So there's nothing we can see.

It looks like he jumped into a guy's thread, with a few posts, that had nothing to do with that thread and related to his annoyance over some other issue. Again, all those posts were subsequently deleted which would explain why you can't see anything that would bring a strike.

If we can't see it did it even happen? :ohnoez:

Maybe the mods have warned him before about krapping (I've been PM'd warnings before about boobie posts), and maybe that was the last straw. We'll never know. CC has been vocal on some threads that really deserved being called out on, and maybe it caught up with him - but Brock is definitely one of the good guys.

+1 I've done a lot of business with Brock and even met him at Baltimore this year. He's a great guy and this doesn't change anything here. I always contact him first when I'm looking for a book and he usually comes through.

I'm sure whatever was said was in an attempt to serve the community and may have just come across odd. Also seems like the Mods try to make an example out of people sometimes.

I'm sure he's a great guy, but that doesn't mean he's incapable of making a douchenozzle of himself every now and then. We all do it at some point or another.

Very true.

Very true.

I now know what was posted and the words used. At the most I would think it would have warranted a wrist-slap and not a week off.

Glad to see there is a new "good ol' boys" club. Wouldn't be the boards without one.

old-boys-club.jpg

More like....

PVrtG72.jpg

Clearly, I'm the dude with the leopard vest.

Very true.

I now know what was posted and the words used. At the most I would think it would have warranted a wrist-slap and not a week off.

Was it a 12 meg Strawberry Shortcake scan?

Very true.

Was it a 12 meg Strawberry Shortcake scan?

Classic boards tomfoolery.