• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

Maybe the mods have warned him before about krapping (I've been PM'd warnings before about boobie posts), and maybe that was the last straw. We'll never know. CC has been vocal on some threads that really deserved being called out on, and maybe it caught up with him - but Brock is definitely one of the good guys.

+1 I've done a lot of business with Brock and even met him at Baltimore this year. He's a great guy and this doesn't change anything here. I always contact him first when I'm looking for a book and he usually comes through.

I'm sure whatever was said was in an attempt to serve the community and may have just come across odd. Also seems like the Mods try to make an example out of people sometimes.

I'm sure he's a great guy, but that doesn't mean he's incapable of making a douchenozzle of himself every now and then. We all do it at some point or another.

Very true.

I now know what was posted and the words used. At the most I would think it would have warranted a wrist-slap and not a week off.

Was it a 12 meg Strawberry Shortcake scan?

That was some big ol' patch... :blush:

Why can't people separate the person from their actions?

Brock once rescued a burning store of puppies while riding on a Unicorn he nursed from infancy after he adopted every child from a Russian orphanage to have them live in the home he built with the thank you letters from the thousands of lives he's made amazing.

He also thread krapped and got a strike.

Period, end, over. You don't like it, tough titty.

Create a third party grading company, start an internet chat board sponsored by said company. Work for the company used to moderate said forums. Moderate in whatever way you feel comfortable.

Um... actions speak louder than words?

(shrug)

We are not the sum of any one action.

For example, I once got drunk and hit someone with a frozen banana. Yet, I'm no banana tosser.

(shrug)

For example, I once got drunk and hit someone with a frozen banana. Yet, I'm no banana tosser.

Actions is plural, note the s.

(shrug)

Actions is plural, note the s.

Well, that changes everything.

(shrug)

Did you hit them with it or toss it at them?

Glad to see there is a new "good ol' boys" club. Wouldn't be the boards without one.

old-boys-club.jpg

More like....

PVrtG72.jpg

Clearly, I'm the dude with the leopard vest.

And no pants.

(shrug)

I once tossed diced tomatoes, lettuce, onions, croutons, and ranch dressing into a messy pile...does that make me a salad tosser?

NOTE: **** I was not drunk, but I acted like I was ;)

(shrug)

I tossed it...and it hit them. I will not confirm or deny that I tossed it at them.

(shrug)

I tossed it...and it hit them. I will not confirm or deny that I tossed it at them.

hm Then there appears to be some evidence of banana tossing.

(shrug)

hm Then there appears to be some evidence of banana tossing.

Allegedly.

(shrug)

I once tossed diced tomatoes, lettuce, onions, croutons, and ranch dressing into a messy pile...does that make me a salad tosser?

NOTE: **** I was not drunk, but I acted like I was ;)

Mods notified mortified

far away photos of the items.

The further away from the camera the better I look.

Yeah, but it does make your junque look smaller than it does in person. :blush:

All this tossing of things got a little out of hand. Pretty good stuff.

Shame the mods removed whatever was said. It'd be nice if we could learn from our mistakes rather than just argue about tossing salads and bananas.

I've done, what I consider, a lot of business with Brock and he met my family. I'd defend him here for a while before giving it up. He's a great guy and I'll continue to do business with him.

You guys should check out his website (plug time).

Maybe the mods have warned him before about krapping (I've been PM'd warnings before about boobie posts), and maybe that was the last straw. We'll never know. CC has been vocal on some threads that really deserved being called out on, and maybe it caught up with him - but Brock is definitely one of the good guys.

+1 I've done a lot of business with Brock and even met him at Baltimore this year. He's a great guy and this doesn't change anything here. I always contact him first when I'm looking for a book and he usually comes through.

I'm sure whatever was said was in an attempt to serve the community and may have just come across odd. Also seems like the Mods try to make an example out of people sometimes.

I'm sure he's a great guy, but that doesn't mean he's incapable of making a douchenozzle of himself every now and then. We all do it at some point or another.

Given what I've read so far, it sounds like the only thing that makes him a great guy is the fact that he sells comics to boardies. (shrug)

Given what I've read so far, it sounds like the only thing that makes him a great guy is the fact that he sells comics to boardies. (shrug)

He gave me a dealers badge for free last year at Baltimore. I was doing a time payment with him, and when we met he gave me the book even though I still had two or three payments left. He helped my wife out with my awesome birthday present even though she stunk at time payments and probably should be nominated to the probation list.

Does more than just sell me books (thumbs u