• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

I don't see how some people have the energy for all this drama.

I think in the case of the people who were wronged, i don't see how them standing up for themselves is a bad thing. They stated their case.

When you see someone you consider a friend being wronged, what's so bad about standing up for them and supporting them? That's what they did.

Nothing wrong with it, as long as it is civil. And to that I can attest it was.

A lot of school yard logic, but it was civil.

Perhaps Rupp showed remorse at what he did? Perhaps he gave the deserved apology to persons involved?

Who knows. Up to Rupp and Seanfingh to declare what went on behind scenes. None of our business

No.......and no.

Wasn't expecting it either to be honest (shrug)

I think in the case of the people who were wronged, i don't see how them standing up for themselves is a bad thing. They stated their case.

When you see someone you consider a friend being wronged, what's so bad about standing up for them and supporting them? That's what they did.

Nothing wrong with it, as long as it is civil. And to that I can attest it was.

A lot of school yard logic, but it was civil.

Perhaps Rupp showed remorse at what he did? Perhaps he gave the deserved apology to persons involved?

Who knows. Up to Rupp and Seanfingh to declare what went on behind scenes. None of our business

No.......and no.

Wasn't expecting it either to be honest (shrug)

Tsk...that's really a shame.

Anyways, glad its settled and hopefully there is no whirlwind in two months.

Hopefully its dead and buried and things can progress

:foryou: my 2c and answer to the question no one asked me :)

That whole thing was weird. However, I doubt it is dead and buried.

If there is one defining characteristic of this place it is the inordinate number of forum members who hold steadfast to grudges. Why? I am not sure, but it sure seems prevalent around here.

Heeyyy you are not Not Sure..I am Not Sure!!!

I do hold grudges..I have a list I used crayons and everything..

lol

Anyways, glad its settled and hopefully there is no whirlwind in two months.

Hopefully its dead and buried and things can progress

:foryou: my 2c and answer to the question no one asked me :)

That whole thing was weird. However, I doubt it is dead and buried.

If there is one defining characteristic of this place it is the inordinate number of forum members who hold steadfast to grudges. Why? I am not sure, but it sure seems prevalent around here.

Heeyyy you are not Not Sure..I am Not Sure!!!

I do hold grudges..I have a list I used crayons and everything..

Where have you been? Haven't seen you post lately

I think he got off pretty lightly as well.

Or maybe the cabal and mob with torches were just wrong? :shrug:

Careful or you'll get called one of "the white knight brigade" as if it's supposed to be a bad thing. :/

Do people get two strikes and two month vacations for being innocent?

+1.

The mob / cabal / whatever nonsense we want to label it must have jedi mind tricked the mods.

About the seriousness. And we are talking Mods here, so everything is speculative.

+1.

+ 1

+1.

Exactly, standing up for what's right is never the wrong thing to do.

No one's saying to blindly defend a friend no matter how heinous their actions, how indefensible their transgressions, but if you truly agree with what that friend did and stand side by side with them and see yourself acting in exactly the same way in the same situation then you've got to stand up and be counted.

About the seriousness. And we are talking Mods here, so everything is speculative.

I'm not sure what you might be disputing here. Is it that since he didn't post anything for public consumption he shouldn't have gotten the vacation? Or are you disputing that he even made the images in the first place? I'm just honestly trying to understand your position on this.

+1.

No one's saying to blindly defend a friend no matter how heinous their actions, how indefensible their transgressions, but if you truly agree with what that friend did and stand side by side with them and see yourself acting in exactly the same way in the same situation then you've got to stand up and be counted.

Nicely stated.

+1.

Nicely stated.

Yes man :baiting:

I'm not sure what you might be disputing here. Is it that since he didn't post anything for public consumption he shouldn't have gotten the vacation? Or are you disputing that he even made the images in the first place? I'm just honestly trying to understand your position on this.

I'm not disputing anything. Some punishment was laid down that you have stated is pretty light. It is obvious to me that many were hoping for an outright ban, and are now disappointed with the outcome. The Mods have spoken about the degree of seriousness that they have determined with the punishment they have laid down.

I'm not disputing anything. Some punishment was laid down that you have stated is pretty light. It is obvious to me that many were hoping for an outright ban, and are now disappointed with the outcome. The Mods have spoken about the degree of seriousness that they have determined with the punishment they have laid down.

That is true. (thumbs u