• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Golden Records Reprint Set- All 9.4 ow/w with records

32 posts in this topic

One silver age set for sale. All four Golden Records Reprints from 1966 (Amazing

Spider-man 1, Avengers #4, Fantastic Four #1, Journey into Mystery #83), all in

CGC 9.4 with off-white/white pages, with consecutive serial numbers, and with the records in amazing

shape.

I'd like to keep these as a set if I can, but if there's enough interest in the individual

parts I'll break it up, so PM me your thoughts.

The usual rules: no probies, payment via PayPal in 7 days. The first :takeit: in thread trumps all.

Shipping FREE in the U.S; outside the U.S., shipping/insurance at exact cost.

Please note that I only ship via methods that allow for full insurance, so shipping often

gets really pricey when shipping internationally.

I typically ship only once a week, on Fridays.

Questions? Just PM me.

Offers? Just PM me.

Giving away 9.8 Avengers 55's? Just PM me.

The actual vinyl albums themselves are in great shape, with virtually no signs of wear or scratches.

Three of the four album jackets are in fantastic shape, and the FF presents well but

has splits at the back and bottom of the jacket. I've taken pics of notable defects.

These do not have significant amounts of white spots where the color has worn

off, as is common on these albums. Search the ones available on eBay and you'll

see the condition that these are more commonly found in, when you find them at

all.

The Spidey record is still in its original shrink-wrap, which has been neatly slit to allow

removal of the album. There is one break near the top of that shrink wrap, and few

tan spots on the BC. Since those spots are under the shrink wrap, I suspect that

they were there at the time of manufacture.

Only the Spidey in the set has a paper inner sleeve. I've been trying to determine

whether these records came with inner sleeves when they were originally

manufactured. Although I don't have a definitive answer, I suspect that these

records didn't originally come with inner paper sleeves because

- When you look at the photos of the records available on eBay not one has a

paper sleeve pictured.

- The person I bought these from 20 years ago took meticulous care of them and

it's extremely unlikely that he would have removed the paper sleeves from three of

his four records.

The comics alone are the sixth best set in the CGC registry of the GRR reprints.

The whole set can be yours for $2500.

I battled with the auto-focus on both my digital cameras, to try to get some good

pics of the few defects that these albums have. You can see that the cameras

won. I'll keep trying to get better-focused close-ups.

GRR_ASM01_01.JPG

GRR_ASM01_02.JPG

GRR_ASM01_03.JPG

GRR_ASM01_04.JPG

GRR_ASM01_05.JPG

GRR_ASM01_06.JPG

GRR_ASM01_07.JPG

GRR_ASM01_08.JPG

GRR_ASM01_09.JPG

GRR_ASM01_10.JPG

GRR_ASM1_20.JPG

GRR_AV04_01.JPG

GRR_AV04_02.JPG

GRR_AV04_03.JPG

GRR_AV04_04.JPG

GRR_AV04_05.JPG

GRR_AV04_06.JPG

GRR_AV04_07.JPG

GRR_AV04_08.JPG

GRR_AV04_09.JPG

GRR_AV04_10.JPG

GRR_AV4_20.JPG

GRR_AV4_21.JPG

GRR_FF01_01.JPG

GRR_FF01_02.JPG

GRR_FF01_03.JPG

GRR_FF01_04.JPG

GRR_FF01_05.JPG

GRR_FF01_06.JPG

GRR_FF01_07.JPG

GRR_FF01_08.JPG

GRR_FF01_09.JPG

GRR_FF01_10.JPG

GRR_FF01_11.JPG

GRR_FF1_20.JPG

GRR_FF1_21.JPG

GRR_FF1_22.JPG

GRR_JIM83_01.JPG

GRR_JIM83_02.JPG

GRR_JIM83_03.JPG

GRR_JIM83_04.JPG

GRR_JIM83_05.JPG

GRR_JIM83_06.JPG

GRR_JIM83_07.JPG

GRR_JIM83_08.JPG

GRR_JIM83_09.JPG

GRR_JIM83_20.JPG

GRR_JIM83_21.JPG

that's an awesome set, no doubt!

What I find interesting is that on the back cover, the advertisement has an option for a Batman or Superman record.

I find it very interesting that Marvel would be offering a competing product on the back of one of their products

hm

very cool! Good luck m'man.

Thanks. I love this set, but it's time for it to find a new home.

For those interested, I did a little GPA math.

If you take the straight 12-month GPA for these books in 9.4, you get an average of $2270 for the books alone without records. However, since those sales include some with white pages and these pages are ow/w, I took out the wp sales and came up with a figure of $2022 as a 12-month average for just the books in 9.4 ow/w. However you look at it, $2500 is a good price for these books combined with records that are in great shape. Of course, having the serial numbers all in sequence adds to the coolness factor of the books, but does nothing for the set monetarily.

The books will remain here a little longer before migrating to eBay if there's no sale here.

Thanks for checking out my post!

very cool! Good luck m'man.

Thanks. I love this set, but it's time for it to find a new home.

For those interested, I did a little GPA math.

If you take the straight 12-month GPA for these books in 9.4, you get an average of $2270 for the books alone without records. However, since those sales include some with white pages and these pages are ow/w, I took out the wp sales and came up with a figure of $2022 as a 12-month average for just the books in 9.4 ow/w. However you look at it, $2500 is a good price for these books combined with records that are in great shape. Of course, having the serial numbers all in sequence adds to the coolness factor of the books, but does nothing for the set monetarily.

The books will remain here a little longer before migrating to eBay if there's no sale here.

Thanks for checking out my post!

Wow! I'd think the addition of the records (in great shape) would significantly increase value. (worship)

VERY cool set, and the best complete set of comics I've ever seen!

Thanks.

In response to a PM I just received, I thought I should add, these have not been pressed. I bought them as a set in about 1995, and submitted them to CGC a few months ago, so I can say with certainty that these have not been pressed.

One silver age set for sale. All four Golden Records Reprints from 1966 (Amazing

Spider-man 1, Avengers #4, Fantastic Four #1, Journey into Mystery #83), all in

CGC 9.4 with off-white/white pages, with consecutive serial numbers, and with the records in amazing

shape.

I'd like to keep these as a set if I can, but if there's enough interest in the individual

parts I'll break it up, so PM me your thoughts.

The usual rules: no probies, payment via PayPal in 7 days. The first :takeit: in thread trumps all.

Shipping FREE in the U.S; outside the U.S., shipping/insurance at exact cost.

Please note that I only ship via methods that allow for full insurance, so shipping often

gets really pricey when shipping internationally.

I typically ship only once a week, on Fridays.

Questions? Just PM me.

Offers? Just PM me.

Giving away 9.8 Avengers 55's? Just PM me.

The actual vinyl albums themselves are in great shape, with virtually no signs of wear or scratches.

Three of the four album jackets are in fantastic shape, and the FF presents well but

has splits at the back and bottom of the jacket. I've taken pics of notable defects.

These do not have significant amounts of white spots where the color has worn

off, as is common on these albums. Search the ones available on eBay and you'll

see the condition that these are more commonly found in, when you find them at

all.

The Spidey record is still in its original shrink-wrap, which has been neatly slit to allow

removal of the album. There is one break near the top of that shrink wrap, and few

tan spots on the BC. Since those spots are under the shrink wrap, I suspect that

they were there at the time of manufacture.

Only the Spidey in the set has a paper inner sleeve. I've been trying to determine

whether these records came with inner sleeves when they were originally

manufactured. Although I don't have a definitive answer, I suspect that these

records didn't originally come with inner paper sleeves because

- When you look at the photos of the records available on eBay not one has a

paper sleeve pictured.

- The person I bought these from 20 years ago took meticulous care of them and

it's extremely unlikely that he would have removed the paper sleeves from three of

his four records.

The comics alone are the sixth best set in the CGC registry of the GRR reprints.

The whole set can be yours for $2500.

I battled with the auto-focus on both my digital cameras, to try to get some good

pics of the few defects that these albums have. You can see that the cameras

won. I'll keep trying to get better-focused close-ups.

One drop. $2200 today for the whole lot. Like getting the books for about GPA and the records, in amazing shape, for free. If they don't sell today, it's off to FeeBay. Then the question: to break up the set or not break it up? Save me agonizing over that and just buy the set.

VERY cool set, and the best complete set of comics I've ever seen!

Thanks.

In response to a PM I just received, I thought I should add, these have not been pressed. I bought them as a set in about 1995, and submitted them to CGC a few months ago, so I can say with certainty that these have not been pressed.

Very nice set ..wow

(I would guess the records have been pressed :jokealert:)