• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which comics deserve to be brought to other media but aren't speculated

61 posts in this topic

Yes it is, Disney purchased more of the Crossgen properties I can't remember which ones, but I know for sure Abadazad is one of them. A search in the web could locate the Crossgen titles. BTW Abadazad HC books were published by Disney's Hyperion Publishing Unit.

Here's where I think DC can potentially compete with Marvel... of characters/titles I don't think have been discussed:

AMBUSH BUG !!! - as a Comedy film

LEGION OF SUPER HEROES - as TV series in that WB/CW "teen action suspense drama" style like Supernatural, Heroes, Buffy, Smallville, etc. way

THE WITCHING HOUR - Get Ms. White to host twilight zone type ironic twist hourly single episodes. There's too much reality TV and cliffhanger type TV and not enough "short attention span" TV where a person can watch a single show and not be committed to the next one or having to view the previous one to fully understand the series.

LOBO - Do NOT invest in a Lobo effort, he's a fairly lame character that has Wolverine-like attitude but no mass appeal, That would only tarnish DC's image and put them further back in everyone's lack of confidence to support their characters.

BIRDS OF PREY - - ...oh yeah, I forgot, they already did that one :) - - I actually liked that series as I did "The Flash", so maybe a reboot, and reimagining of the series to include all hot female hero characters and new ones too.

Here's where I think DC can potentially compete with Marvel... of characters/titles I don't think have been discussed:

AMBUSH BUG !!! - as a Comedy film

LEGION OF SUPER HEROES - as TV series in that WB/CW "teen action suspense drama" style like Supernatural, Heroes, Buffy, Smallville, etc. way

THE WITCHING HOUR - Get Ms. White to host twilight zone type ironic twist hourly single episodes. There's too much reality TV and cliffhanger type TV and not enough "short attention span" TV where a person can watch a single show and not be committed to the next one or having to view the previous one to fully understand the series.

LOBO - Do NOT invest in a Lobo effort, he's a fairly lame character that has Wolverine-like attitude but no mass appeal, That would only tarnish DC's image and put them further back in everyone's lack of confidence to support their characters.

BIRDS OF PREY - - ...oh yeah, I forgot, they already did that one :) - - I actually liked that series as I did "The Flash", so maybe a reboot, and reimagining of the series to include all hot female hero characters and new ones too.

Stories from the LOSH would be almost endless. Very nice pick.

Sweet Tooth

Gotham Central (great counter to Shield Show)

I am going out on a limb here but Lazarus has some potential.

Runaways

100 bullets

Yes! I love Runaways.

Comment on Avengers Arena:

The writer Hopeless had Nico Minoru killed off in issue #10. Then there was great uproar from Runaways fans re: her death. I was PISSED. But as he had her die with her hand on her wand, he clearly had it planned for her to ressurect in #12. I for one was tricked! Hopeless played me for a fool.

I guess i can add Avengers Arena to the list. I've had difficulty getting issues 9/10/11/12 off the shelves. It has some dedicated readers.

It makes me hopeful for a volume 2 and 3. With volume 3 having Ironman, capt america, etc in a Hunger Games concept/world.

Polarity.

Polarity with a Pink Floyd soundtrack would be epic :grin:

Hell yeah! Didn't even think about the Pink Floyd angle. I think we have a ^^ All other post after this one will be ignored. Thanks for playing everyone. :grin:

I tease, I tease.

Polarity.

Hell yeah! Didn't even think about the Pink Floyd angle. I think we have a ^^ All other post after this one will be ignored. Thanks for playing everyone. :grin:

Why not just do Badger then?

I tease, I tease.

Interman by Jeff Parker. Would make a good movie.

Another vote for Scalped on HBO. Here's the Hollywood pitch: Sopranos meets Reservoir Dogs on a modern day American Indian reservation.

Polarity.

I tease, I tease.

:signfunny:

Seeing your board name so much makes me say this.........

The Authority!!!!!

What has been done to one of the best Superhero teams/stories of the Modern Age is criminal.