• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which comics deserve to be brought to other media but aren't speculated

61 posts in this topic

Which comics are you surprised that don't (or didn't) have their own very active CGC forum thread?

My list:

Sidekick sure it's new but I like the concept. Where's the speculation?

Severed The horror mini series by Snyder is a bit dated. It may speak to how many more comic collectors TWD has pulled in but it seems as though The Wake is getting much more attention. The number of Severed comics submitted for certification is silly low. Yes, it's a mini series but still.

Scalped I know why it won't reach other medias: it's politcally incorrect (native americans). Which is a shame. It's such a great story.

Witch Doctor no love for excorisims and other supernatural phenomoma?

Scarlet Brian Michael Bendis plus a hot strong female lead. I'm sure the long hiatus between #6 and #7 didn't help.

Great topic - theres a lot of good books that are easily overlooked.

I didn't go looking very far back in the treads after I joined, but I would have thought RASL by Jeff Smith would have gotten attention considering how many people like Bone. Its a good sci-fi thriller.

I have always thought Scott McCloud's Zot would have been an easy Disney/Pixar movie to market. I still don't understand the holdup on Elfquest as well.

Who Is Jake Ellis? is the first mini. Where Is Jake Ellis? is halfway through with a delay. It's about someone who use to work for the CIA in a research lab who gets this ghost-like person (Jake Ellis) that knows where everything is and can tell him what to do. I'm big on the whole espionage/Jason Bourne type stuff.

You're right about Scalped. Too bad the topic is so touchy because the book is just so good.

I'm glad to see that Dashiell Bad Horse is always in the #50 range in recent top 100 superhero lists.

But, in time, as everyone's memory fades, he will drop and eventually fall off the countdown lists.

Not so bold prediction: Deadpool will rise from #30 to top ten in ten years.

Snapshot

I Kill Giants

Lot 13

Colder

Luther Strode

L'il Depressed Boy

DMZ

Local

Demo

Transmetropolitan

The Killer

Northlanders

Fell

Sweet Tooth

Midnight Nation

Wire Hangers (movie in the works but little/no speculation)

Crawl To Me (ditto)

The Answer!

Whispers (killed by delays)

King City

Multiple Warheads

Battlefields

Guerillas

Whispers In The Walls

Saucer Country

etc :grin:

There are way too many great comics to list.