• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 10 : Contest

81 posts in this topic

The funny thing is I bought this on Ebay about a year ago for $10 as a NM-, now how come my luck dont run as deep as DiceX and score on key books foreheadslap.gif

NM-? Holy cow. He must have really hated miswraps. foreheadslap.gif

Is there any spine stress, or is there just something wrong with the scan? By the way, Nikos -- just a suggestion -- in future rounds, if you're going to put up scans of 9.8 books, you really need to make the scans bigger or else it's just a guessing game. The wear on most 9.6s won't be visible in a scan, let alone the extremely faint wear on a 9.8.

By the way, Nikos -- just a suggestion -- in future rounds, if you're going to put up scans of 9.8 books, you really need to make the scans bigger or else it's just a guessing game.

I hear what you're saying FFB, but if I started doing that now, it would be pretty obvious what the grade would be gossip.gif

By the way, Nikos -- just a suggestion -- in future rounds, if you're going to put up scans of 9.8 books, you really need to make the scans bigger or else it's just a guessing game.

I hear what you're saying FFB, but if I started doing that now, it would be pretty obvious what the grade would be gossip.gif

I'm not saying that you should put up bigger scans of only 9.8 and 9.6 books. I'm suggesting that you either put up bigger scans of all of the books, or don't put up scans of 9.8s at all because at that size, they're indistinguishable from 9.6s.

Just a suggestion though. You're doing a fine job on the contest and I don't mean to complain. hail.gif

I'm not saying that you should put up bigger scans of only 9.8 and 9.6 books. I'm suggesting that you either put up bigger scans of all of the books, or don't put up scans of 9.8s at all because at that size, they're indistinguishable from 9.6s.

Just a suggestion though. You're doing a fine job on the contest and I don't mean to complain. hail.gif

i'm glad you added that last sentence, mr - "i'm in first place alone, finally"...... grin.gif

Actually, I think it would be great if scans were not posted in the thread, but the leading teams got incrementally SMALLER scans pm'd to them to work with.

Therefore, FFB's team would be working with a scan about the size of a postage stamp, and Darthdeisel's team would be working from one roughly the size of a queen-size bedsheet.

thumbsup2.gif

Actually, I think it would be great if scans were not posted in the thread, but the leading teams got incrementally SMALLER scans pm'd to them to work with.

Therefore, FFB's team would be working with a scan about the size of a postage stamp, and Darthdeisel's team would be working from one roughly the size of a queen-size bedsheet.

thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif(We'd still lose!)

thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif(We'd still lose!)

27_laughing.gifforeheadslap.gif