• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who here is a member/former member of the CPG chat?

Are you or were you ever a member of comicspriceguide.com chat?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Are you or were you ever a member of comicspriceguide.com chat?

26 posts in this topic

Hey Brother J - I didn't make the connection until now. I remember you being one of the early members. Which member is it that is against 3rd-party grading? To be honest, it does not surprise me one bit as I've met quite a few UG collectors who had no time for it.

Yes, you're definitely right about a lot of UG collectors being against slabbing. Howard was posting his slabbed copies from the Haight-Ashbury collection on Facebook, and it seemed the most frequent comment was something along the lines of "How can you read them in that plastic?". I guess reading a later printing or reader copy of the same book never occured to them. The collector who is so against it is Zonker from the ugcomix.info site. I appreciate all the information he hosts at his site, but the anti-grading/slabbing thing that comes up almost every time he posts gets to be a bit much.

Oh yes. It's all coming back to me now. There is a Zonker here that I confused to be the same person who runs ugcomix.info many years ago. I realized though that they have completely different collecting interests. A lot of the "old school" collectors don't see any need for it.