• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD: Avengers #54 - First Appearance of Ultron

13 posts in this topic

Hello there.

Firs time selling, but I've been buying here for quite a while so I thought I'd dip my toes into the water here. I think I have a feedback thread somewhere, but god only knows if anybody has posted on it. I haven't been too vigilant about that. Anyway, I'm totally cool. Truuuuuust meeeeeee.

hm

Rules: no Probies or Shameys or whatever those types of undesirables are called these days.

Shipping is included - the book will be sent out via the United States Postal Service. I do not ship Media Mail, so don't worry about Handsy McWrecksalot pawing through your mail in search of contraband. I'll have a tracking number and everything.

Payment can be sent via PayPal, please and thank you.

First :takeit: takes it.

Here's the book: Avengers #54. The good folks on the grading forums have it at a 5.0, but I have it slightly lower at a 4.5. There are some non-color breaking wrinkles on the front cover that do not show up in the scan. The cover is still glossy, however.

Price is $1 million $95 $80 $65 shipped.

SCAN0252.jpg

SCAN0253.jpg

This is the real first appearance of Ultron. It's not just a cameo, though we only see his iconic sinister face in one panel. The rest of the issue he is disguised as the Crimson Cowl. But he appears on several pages and has full conversations of dialogue. The only thing not in this issue is his name - he's not called Ultron until next issue. But this is a full appearance.

A tease of the wonders that await you within these pages:

SAM_0755.jpg

SAM_0757.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Dropped the price to $80 just because I love you guys.

BTW, why "God" in all lowercase and "United States" capitalized? ;)

Priorities, my fine Italian friend!

You gotta try harder to love me…

Boy, if I had a dime for every time I've heard that...

I will entertain offers. In case you guys haven't heard, Ultron is going to be in a movie. Two years from now, this issue is going to be worth more than the GNP of South America.

I did not mean to despise your #54, but I turned down buying a VF+ copy for about $45 because I though they were too much.

So we’ll have a dystopian future in the US, it appears… :D

Sounds like you missed out on the best bargain of the decade to me. There goes your retirement plan. :sorry:

Luckily, my copy is still available for those with foresight. (thumbs u

I did it on purpose, as I did not wish to spend too much on those (except #57 which I really liked, and still missed).

It was after the Age of Ultron crossover was announced and I was very undecided but the best thing is that I emailed the seller yesterday and he told me he sold it the day before. It was this one, seller picture is tiny but you can see how sharp it was, probably a 9.0 knowing how strictly he grades… :(

Uz58imH.jpg