• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WW Chicago CGC taking subs for J. Scott Campbell and Chris Claremont

28 posts in this topic

Hey guys, to make things easier for everyone we are handling J. Scott Campbell and Chris Claremont by taking the submissions in house.

If any of you (Dealers included) want to get signatures by the above mentioned please come to the CGC (Booth 1153) to drop off your books and we have get them taken care of at a private signing later. There won't be any books for the above mentioned that will be eligible for SS unless they are done through this private signing.

We will have signage at the booth with more detailed info for the cut-off times or any changes.

Have your books prepped with window bags and Dealer/CS Number on the back of the backboard. These invoices will be kept separate from other SS books you will be subbing. Campbell and Claremont's cut off will be Friday night onsite/Sunday morning not on-site. The signing fee is 10 dollars each.

If you you want extra sigs on the book you will need to acquire them with a witness prior.

If you have any questions please call CGC 877.662.6642 or email me at mbalent@cgccomcs.com

Claremont. hm

:applause:

Not even close to a :applause:

(tsk)

Drew, I will help you get Davis, Golden etc so this won't be a big deal.

Sean,

Thanks for that! Unfortunately that is only part of the problem.

Without getting too deeply into the issues here in Mike's thread, it doesn't "make things easier for everyone". It makes things easier for facilitators that are just going to pass the extra signing fees onto their customers. It does not in any way help the collector that wants to get 5-10 books done for SS and is willing to wait in line to do so with a CAW so as to avoid the added cost and handle his/her own books.

And just to be clear, I'm specifically talking about Claremont. He has never charged for his signature at a convention in the almost 10 years that I have been doing SS. I understand that Campbell has been charging for some time. This is not a good thing going forward for everyone, some people yes, but not everyone.

Claremont. hm

:applause:

Not even close to a :applause:

(tsk)

Drew, I will help you get Davis, Golden etc so this won't be a big deal.

Sean,

Thanks for that! Unfortunately that is only part of the problem.

Without getting too deeply into the issues here in Mike's thread, it doesn't "make things easier for everyone". It makes things easier for facilitators that are just going to pass the extra signing fees onto their customers. It does not in any way help the collector that wants to get 5-10 books done for SS and is willing to wait in line to do so with a CAW so as to avoid the added cost and handle his/her own books.

And just to be clear, I'm specifically talking about Claremont. He has never charged for his signature at a convention in the almost 10 years that I have been doing SS. I understand that Campbell has been charging for some time. This is not a good thing going forward for everyone, some people yes, but not everyone.

So, this is either a fee charged by the talent to do a special signing or a money grab by CGC? Sorry, I was not aware. I can completely see it affecting some people. I was applauding CC being at Chicago. I had forgotten or wasn't aware to begin with.

He's actually someone who I would wait in line to have books signed. Never met him.

Claremont has been charging for the past year. All fees are in place by the creators and the money goes to them or they charity they are set-up with.

I also thought this was an issue when I heard about Robert Kirkman at SDCC. I misunderstood. I thought that since all books had to be signed at a private signing that everyone was forced to use a facilitator who arranged a signing. This made no sense to me. It turns out CGC is offering the service at the request of the creator at no charge. Sounds good to me.

Claremont has been charging for the past year. All fees are in place by the creators and the money goes to them or they charity they are set-up with.

Once again, maybe I need to slow down when posting. Cash grab was too harsh a term anyway. I was not aware CC was charging.

Even though there is an associated charge, it looks like CGC may have taken a lot of the hassle out of getting some of these signatures. I am assuming the artists are aware of the prices books with their signatures have been getting and want a small piece of the pie for themselves. And if the money is truly being donated to charity...then good for them.

Hi Paul,

I was able to obtain signatures from Claremont at his table within the last year at NYCC without any associated signature fees. The books (approximately ten if I recall correctly) were window bagged and Mr. Claremont happily signed the books.

Great!

To me, "the past year" means 2013. I should have been more clear.

lol I'm Canadian, we take the "past year" to mean the year that just past which to me was 2012 by my count.

Drew

:baiting:

Some should start charging Canadians a fee for being Canadian.

Now THAT is a great idea!

But I have to ask, would that solve "your" debt crisis?

It would if the fee was the Alberta Oil Sands.

Some should start charging Canadians a fee for being Canadian.

Now THAT is a great idea!

But I have to ask, would that solve "your" debt crisis?

It would if the fee was the Alberta Oil Sands.

The Oil Sands are so yesterday. Try the Ontario "Ring of Fire" on for size lol