• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this guy serious??

51 posts in this topic

The #8 is a very tough book in grade, with the black cover and a terrific image of Subby and the Thing.... probably the ONLY book in the run worth anything really (the #1 is quite common in high grade). But, I wouldn't buy the run just for that book, and definitely not anywhere near THAT price.

I've got a nice #8, by the way, but I haven't graded it yet. At least a 9.4... maybe a 9.6, but I haven't taken it out and looked at it in years.

27k without a scan!!!! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Exactly! Where's the scans? Even if the guy was offering them at $5,000 I would't even dream of bidding unless there were pix!!!

Got to love ebay......

that was my first thought even BEFORE the ridiculous BIN........"sorry my scanner's not working"...... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

27k without a scan!!!! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Exactly! Where's the scans? Even if the guy was offering them at $5,000 I would't even dream of bidding unless there were pix!!!

Got to love ebay......

that was my first thought even BEFORE the ridiculous BIN........"sorry my scanner's not working"...... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Maybe he needs the 27K for a new scanner... yeahok.gif

But...you're forgetting this bit from his auction...he needs reimbursement for the time he's got invested in these!!! poke2.giftonofbricks.gif

FIRST OF ALL, I WANT TO LET YOU BUYERS KNOW I SPENT OVER 3 YEARS

WORKING ON THIS RARE SET OF SUB MARINER (SILVER AGE) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

CGC SET.

I SPENT HUNDREDS OF HOURS SEARCHING THE INTERNET, MAKING PHONE CALLS,

WRITING LETTERS TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Sounds like quite an Ian-esque battle to establish this collection! cloud9.gif

The #8 is a very tough book in grade,

There are 10 9.6's, and 16 9.4's. Not too tough from where I'm sitting....