• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cincinnati Comic Expo (CCE): SEPT 13-15,2013: MAHNKE, LEMIRE, HEATH, RHYS-DAVIES

30 posts in this topic

I got to stop in today for a couple of quick hours. Saw thedude but he was busy talking so could not say hi. Saw his assistant. :cloud9: Lovely young lady.

I thought I saw beachbum from afar but he was gone by the time I got to where he was.

Picked up some very nice books from Dave Kapelka including a near complete run of OO ACGs Herbie. All in all, a nice on with a lot of decent books and a lively crowd.

I got to stop in today for a couple of quick hours. Saw thedude but he was busy talking so could not say hi. Saw his assistant. :cloud9: Lovely young lady.

I thought I saw beachbum from afar but he was gone by the time I got to where he was.

Picked up some very nice books from Dave Kapelka including a near complete run of OO ACGs Herbie. All in all, a nice on with a lot of decent books and a lively crowd.

sorry I missed you buddy, we were very busy today, it seemed non stop there for awhile, I had some good sales today, mostly dollar box stuff, but I did sell a few wall books. my female assistant is my girlfriend who was dressed like Catwoman, but so many folks wanted to take their picture with her that she wasn't much help to me. lol thankfully, I had another friend helping me out later in the day. had a blast talking to boardies and talking to dealers/collectors. can't wait for tomorrow. :grin:

I kept an eye out for you all day - You coming back today?

just now getting around to posting about Sunday sales and the show in general. Sunday was slower than Saturday, Sunday morning started out real slow but then got fairly busy around noon, but only 1/3 of what Saturday was overall.

I had a little time to walk the room and buy a few things on Sunday and talk to dealers, most of whom were happy with sales, and felt that they did better than last years show.

As for me, it was the best sales show I've had in the 4 years I've set up at the CCE, and I was VERY happy with my booth location and I had no problems or gripes all weekend. I only wish that there wasn't this silly cut throat competition between the two cons in this city, It would be wonderful to have two Cincy cons per year, only space them out and have one in the spring, then another in the fall. a few dealers I talked to said the same thing. anywho, here's a short list of books that I sold along with selling through alot of .25/.50 cent and $1.00 books.

Superman #62 G/VG $150

Batman Hush Sketch Variant $10

Capt. America #14 $10

Death of Superman #75, sold both the black bagged edition for $25 and a reg. newsstand edition for $15

sold 4 early Action Comics in the #260 to 300 range for $100 total to a very nice long time collector.

Batman: the killing joke $20

Batman #353 $20

Flash #80 (foil cover) $10

Capt. America #193 $20

Wonder Woman #297 $12

Superman: Funeral for a friend complete set of 7 books $8

Marvels #1-4 including the #0 issue Alex Ross series $20

books that were asked for but I didn't have were, Amazing Spiderman #129, Hulk #181, New Mutants #98.

had alot of lookers on my Batman #1, most people requested to take their picture with it. lol but I did have one serious almost sale of the book from a very nice couple in their late 20's early 30's ? the guy knew comic values very well as he had followed Heritage, Comic Connect and other auction houses. his girlfriend or wife said "if it was a little cheaper she would seriously consider buying it for him" :o

now that's a wife! I gave them my card and told them to think about it.

didn't take many pictures, but here's one of me and Marisha in front of my booth. see everyone next year!

ykmn.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us