• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maintaining a Network

1 post in this topic

Hello all -

Experience this week has impressed upon me the importance of having a friendly, attentive network in place to have success in this hobby.

I'm fortunate and grateful to have a few people who watch out for opportunities for me. I like to think that I'm pretty easy to watch for.

BUT, I'm the first to admit that, since my collection is narrowly focused, it's a challenge for me to reciprocate that kind attention. From my perspective, the collecting habits of generalist collectors are vast and confounding to keep tabs on, and keep handy.

I would assume that most people here would agree that keeping your network maintained is vital. If anyone here knows they're doing a great job at doing so, I'd love to hear if there are any tips on how you've achieved your success in helping others with their collections.