• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men Days Of Future Past Full Size Sentinel Revealed By Bryan Singer!

114 posts in this topic

I would have no problem with them modernizing it a little or making it more "realistic" :insane: But as of now it is so far off the path, I would have no clue what it was out of context.

These must be midget sentinels.

x-men-sentinel-2-50k.jpg

I would have no problem with them modernizing it a little or making it more "realistic" :insane: But as of now it is so far off the path, I would have no clue what it was out of context.

These must be midget sentinels.

x-men-sentinel-2-50k.jpg

If you showed me that design I would know it was a Sentinel instantly.

That thing in his chest...what is that? a waffle?

Looks like a directional air vent? (shrug)

I smell waffles. They're all over the boards today.

I'm thinking too much like an engineer, I guess. All of those exposed pieces are giving away a lot of proprietary information. Since these things aren't for sale but providing a service to the government (in the movie) they are opening the door too wide for competition. Even if Trask has several patents at work in the mechanisms, you don't want to let another corporation reverse engineer your work just by watching hi-res video of it.

Let them wait until one of them is trashed by whomever does the heaviest thrashing in the next movie. :)

How do we know those are not earlier versions of Sentinels (SNTL2 aka. 70s-80s versions).

I had a sleepless night brainstorming about what could happen...

1) Opening will have Bishop coming from an apocalyptic future pleading for help against the Sentinels (think. John Connor Terminator). Hopefully, we see terminator like flashbacks with future guys like Cable etc.. battling Sentinels.

2) We quickly focus on modern times, where X-MEN today are still too late and many get killed in the semi-opening sequence, prompting them to have a last ditch attempt to project Kitty to the past (ala terminator again).

2a) I think that scene will occupy a small part of the film. i.e. new X-MEN will kind of hand off torch backwards (similar to Generations: ST film) and play small roll there.

3) Meat of film will by kitty convincing early X-MEN to take on the Sentinels and Trask.

Guess who will track down earlier Wolverine to convince him to join the group? Prof X? I think it will be kitty!

Hugh obviously gets lion's share of scenes in both periods.

1 & 2) Could have brief CGC overlays of Sentinel versions we all know (think x-men III danger room scene).. but bulk of closeups and articulation would be SNTL2 of past: 3).

2c

How do we know those are not earlier versions of Sentinels (SNTL2 aka. 70s-80s versions).

1) Opening will have Bishop coming from an apocalyptic future pleading for help against the Sentinels (think. John Connor Terminator). Hopefully, we see terminator like flashbacks with future guys like Cable etc.. battling Sentinels.

2) We quickly focus on modern times, where X-MEN today are still too late and many get killed in the semi-opening sequence, prompting them to have a last ditch attempt to project Kitty to the past (ala terminator again).

2a) I think that scene will occupy a small part of the film. i.e. new X-MEN will kind of hand off torch backwards (similar to Generations: ST film) and play small roll there.

3) Meat of film will by kitty convincing early X-MEN to take on the Sentinels and Trask.

2c

Not bad, but it sounds like you're asking for 2 time jumps back in time, a mix of the TV cartoon one with Bishop and the Comic one with Kitty. I think one Time Jump for Bishop makes more sense in terms of a movie, and is a cooler character to have fighting in the future and the present (actually I think Cable is cooler but whatevs).

I think movie opens in the future with the X-Men of the Future trying to rescue a captured mutant, maybe Kitty (who is apparently very important) or someone smart like Beast or Forge? Magneto is killed in this battle sacrificing himself for the X-Men. They intend to send Wolverine (or Kitty) back in time but he is killed just before he can go back, so Bishop does it at the last second. E.G. the Sentinels followed them back to the base etc.

Then flash to the past where Bishop knows he has to assassinate one of the X-Men to save the future, but we don't know who....

Love it. A perfect mix of the original look and a practical design that might actual work in the real world. And the fact that it's practical and not CGI...man, can't wait for this!

I agree with this. The 60's movie designs are impractical. This looks like what a Sentinel would look like if it were designed by robotics companies.

2c

Not bad, but it sounds like you're asking for 2 time jumps back in time, a mix of the TV cartoon one with Bishop and the Comic one with Kitty. I think one Time Jump for Bishop makes more sense in terms of a movie, and is a cooler character to have fighting in the future and the present (actually I think Cable is cooler but whatevs).

I think movie opens in the future with the X-Men of the Future trying to rescue a captured mutant, maybe Kitty (who is apparently very important) or someone smart like Beast or Forge? Magneto is killed in this battle sacrificing himself for the X-Men. They intend to send Wolverine (or Kitty) back in time but he is killed just before he can go back, so Bishop does it at the last second. E.G. the Sentinels followed them back to the base etc.

Then flash to the past where Bishop knows he has to assassinate one of the X-Men to save the future, but we don't know who....

Nice. But I scratched the idea of Magento and Modern XMEN existing in the apocalyptic future as they'd have to be REALLY old. That's the motivation I guess behind 2 jumps and 3 generations.

2c

I'd heard that future Wolverine gets sent back in time.

2c

Nice. But I scratched the idea of Magento and Modern XMEN existing in the apocalyptic future as they'd have to be REALLY old. That's the motivation I guess behind 2 jumps and 3 generations.

Ah that makes sense then. I think with the age thing, they just set everything in the VERY near future, like 5yrs from now, with old Prof X and Magneto, Colussus, Iceman, Storm, Wolverine in their prime, the mysterious Bishop too. THen a single jump back to the 70's to hang out with the First Class people where they got to stop Fassbender from Fassbendering someone or something. Like Godfather 2 or something. Bishop becoming an X-Man in the future, and Bishop becoming an X-Man in the past, with duel story lines throughout.