• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay help - received damaged comic (ASM 129)

111 posts in this topic

I tried but he was not listening to me, kept on insisting that I needed to file the claim. I don't think I should have to explain this to a seller with over 2500 feedback anyway.

I tried but he was not listening to me, kept on insisting that I needed to file the claim. I don't think I should have to explain this to a seller with over 2500 feedback anyway.

I had the exact same thing happen to me when a seller recently shipped a scanner with only newspaper for packaging. Similar feedback and everything. It was a pain.

Yes but I felt that it was not worth the hassle based on how he was communicating with me.

It's a lot less of a hassle to shoot straight with the seller and say, "I would like to return this comic" instead of starting this thread.

So you just wanted a discount?

Go back and read what I posted a few days ago regarding this whole thing. I'm not going to explain myself again.

Yes but I felt that it was not worth the hassle based on how he was communicating with me.

It's a lot less of a hassle to shoot straight with the seller and say, "I would like to return this comic" instead of starting this thread.

So you just wanted a discount?

Go back and read what I posted a few days ago regarding this whole thing. I'm not going to explain myself again.

I read it. You danced around the seller with how to make things right in you messages. You didn't file a claim in order to receive a full refund, so I believe you ultimately wanted a discount for an advertised VG that arrived VG.

However, I am entirely against the seller's packaging methods and he deserved the feedback he received.

Ask for a full refund next time you are unhappy with a purchase and file a claim if that doesn't work out. You don't need to over complicate a return.

Yes originally I wanted to see if he would consider a partial refund because sometimes sellers will do this to avoid dealing with a return. After taking with him it was clear he felt that I had no right to ask for any type of refund, partial or full. I felt if opened claim and sent it back he would come back saying that I shipped it poorly and it came back to him worse. That is why I chose to keep the book and leave the appropriate feedback.

Yes originally I wanted to see if he would consider a partial refund because sometimes sellers will do this to avoid dealing with a return. After taking with him it was clear he felt that I had no right to ask for any type of refund, partial or full. I felt if opened claim and sent it back he would come back saying that I shipped it poorly and it came back to him worse. That is why I chose to keep the book and leave the appropriate feedback.

For future reference, that wouldn't be an issue if you file a claim.

Glad you got everything sorted out with the transaction and left the appropriate feedback.

I read it. You danced around the seller with how to make things right in you messages. You didn't file a claim in order to receive a full refund, so I believe you ultimately wanted a discount for an advertised VG that arrived VG.

This has been said to the buyer numerous times in this thread and I still find it surprising.

The buyer received a book that was damaged due to the seller's choice of packing materials. There are new creases, making the book not as pictured.

Regardless of technical grades, the book is no longer the same as was represented in the auction.

You can quibble I guess about how the buyer chose to handle the back and forth, but for my money he was within his rights. If he had asked for half the value as a refund, I get it that that would be over the top and suggest ulterior motives. But personally, as both a frequent buyer and seller, I find "I'd like to keep the book, but would ask for a token partial refund to account for the new damage" an entirely reasonable point of view.

This statement has been said to the buyer numerous times in this thread and I still find it surprising.

The buyer received a book that was damaged due to the seller's choice of packing materials. There are new creases, making the book not as pictured.

Regardless of technical grades, the book is no longer the same as was represented in the auction.

You can quibble I guess about how the buyer chose to handle the back and forth, but for my money he was within his rights. If he had asked for half the value as a refund, I get it that that would be over the top and suggest ulterior motives. But personally, as both a buyer and a seller, I find "I'd like to keep the book, but would ask for a token partial refund to account for the new damage" an entirely reasonable point of view.

Well said. (thumbs u

I've thought it over more and I now agree with you on this point of view.

I've never had a situation where poor packaging damages a book but does not impact the grade. In this case, the appearance of the comic is more important than the technical grade which has now been lowered due to the sellers packaging negligence.

Apologizes to the OP. You were in the right and deserved a partial refund.

This statement has been said to the buyer numerous times in this thread and I still find it surprising.

You can quibble I guess about how the buyer chose to handle the back and forth, but for my money he was within his rights. If he had asked for half the value as a refund, I get it that that would be over the top and suggest ulterior motives. But personally, as both a buyer and a seller, I find "I'd like to keep the book, but would ask for a token partial refund to account for the new damage" an entirely reasonable point of view.

Well said. (thumbs u

I've thought it over more and I now agree with you on this point of view.

I've never had a situation where poor packaging damages a book but does not impact the grade. In this case, the appearance of the comic is more important than the technical grade which has now been lowered due to the sellers packaging negligence.

Apologizes to the OP. You were in the right and deserved a partial refund.

Totally agree as well (thumbs u