• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED ASM 90 CGC 9.4 OW/W PAGES Death of Captain Stacy

7 posts in this topic

Hello fellow Collectors and Dealers.

Today we have the elusive Amazing Spider-man 90 CGC 9.4 Death of Captain Stacy Spider-man issue for sale. I recently upgraded and I am offering this copy to the board first. This issue has always been tough to find in hi-grade especially because of the amount of white on the spine caused by mis-wraps.

Normal rules apply, the first :takeit: in the thread wins. Please no probation list members.

This is one of Romita and Kanes finest works together.

moving it to ebay Sunday.

ASM90_CGC9_4.jpg

screenshot tool

Nice Danny, that is a sharp #90. I wished that the story had run differently, I read this issue well after they killed Gwen off. I got started when the Spider-mobile came out.

GLWTS,

Thanks Don, I was also collecting around that time. The first ASM issue I remember buying for myself off the newsstand was ASM 124 The Mark of the Man Wolf. But the very first ASM issue I ever had when I was a kid was ASM 45. I can still remember my Dad saying that he almost got it for 2 cents, because of the price being cut in half from the spines terrible miswrap!

That's cool, I wish I had been introduced to comics earlier than I was. My family was great, but with my dad in the Army money wasn't something we had for any extras. In Germany I got my first weekly allowance, and I had to police the area around the apartments to earn that.

I learned how to save money then, and my friends and I discovered a thrift store on base. They sold old comics for 10 cents and bought them for half that. So not knowing any better I had a blast with my friends as we discovered all of the comics characters. We wore those books out, rolled them and folded em, etc. We traded books and read the ads too, and then along came the Marvel value stamps. We destroyed every Marvel comic they made back then, and that's what steered me to Marvel exclusively. We moved back to the states right after that, and I couldn't bring much back, so I picked Spider-Man, and that's all I've collected since then. It's wild to think back to all of that. Night,

Thats a great story Don. I used to deliver Daily newspapers after school on my bicycle as a kid and save up my route money to by comics off the newsstand, book stores and comic book conventions. My friends and I would go to all the second hand book stores in Queens that we knew and buy old comic books and even a couple of comic book stores that were just beginning to open up in the 1970s. My Dad brought me to my first comic book convention in Manhattan in 1974 and believe me I was literal a kid in a candy store.