• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man #55 9.8... $9000

29 posts in this topic

Wow. that is a sick price paid by somebody with too much money to spend. there is no way he/she ever gets their money out of that book....especially as more and more 9.6s are pressed up to 9.8.

I hope the buyer enjoys that book and plans a 3 generation hold on it.

you are assuming that the person cares about the price. A true collector only cares that they have it. This copy is the nicest 9.8 out there and I would argue that its worthy of an 9.9. I do hear a lot of dealers coughin at the price but that's the diff btwn a dealer and collector. We have two different mindsets and money is perceived differently

Wow. that is a sick price paid by somebody with too much money to spend. there is no way he/she ever gets their money out of that book....especially as more and more 9.6s are pressed up to 9.8.

I hope the buyer enjoys that book and plans a 3 generation hold on it.

you are assuming that the person cares about the price. A true collector only cares that they have it. This copy is the nicest 9.8 out there and I would argue that its worthy of an 9.9. I do hear a lot of dealers coughin at the price but that's the diff btwn a dealer and collector. We have two different mindsets and money is perceived differently

Money may be perceived differently but I imagine it "buys" the same.

money might buy the same but the owner of that money decides how much of it to spend. A collector would spend more for the same item that a dealer would not if they cannot turn their profit. Unless they switch to collector mode and want it for themselves and pay "more" than they usually would

money might buy the same but the owner of that money decides how much of it to spend. A collector would spend more for the same item that a dealer would not if they cannot turn their profit. Unless they switch to collector mode and want it for themselves and pay "more" than they usually would

the owner of that money may decide how much of to spend but...

Yeah, I got nothing. :facepalm:

the owner of that money may decide how much of to spend but...

Yeah, I got nothing. :facepalm:

:roflmao: good one

Let's see how this copy does in the August auction.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2013aug%26pg%3D7%23Item%5F980559&id=980559

Double cover, nice wrap and white pages.

Well, this one sold for $13,000 so I guess the other buyer got a good deal at only $9,000 :o

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2013aug%26pg%3D7%23Item%5F980559&id=980559

Well, this one sold for $13,000 so I guess the other buyer got a good deal at only $9,000 :o

I have to say, I was surprised it went for that much. It is a looker, that's for sure.

Was a double cover. And they both paid too much.