• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Look at what I found in my shortbox today... DOOMSDAY!

38 posts in this topic

So I opened up a shortbox that contains some of the books I collected when I was a kid, and lo and behold, I found this among my Doomsday comics! :whee:

To make things even sweeter, the other issues in the storyline are all 2nd and 3rd prints as well! (Those are possible 9.8, easy 9.6 issues; never opened, never read.)

MOS #18 is the worst of the lot, but I can't complain. :grin:

Additional info for those who don't know: This is the rare fifth printing. You can tell by the "V" underneath the price.

So I opened up a shortbox that contains some of the books I collected when I was a kid, and lo and behold, I found this among my Doomsday comics! :whee:

To make things even sweeter, the other issues are all 2nd and 3rd prints as well! (Those are possible 9.8, easy 9.6 issues; never opened, never read.)

MOS #18 is the worst of the lot, but I can't complain. :grin:

I have that one and I'm going to get it signed by Louise Simonson and CGC'd in Baltimore!! I'm so excited, I can't wait!!!

What grade is your Avengers #1 Oak? I can't tell with the old label in your sig.

4.0 but Steve Borock held it in his hands at a forum dinner,and said easy 5.0.He asked me if he could take it with him,but I declined.

What grade is your Avengers #1 Oak? I can't tell with the old label in your sig.

4.0 but Steve Borock held it in his hands at a forum dinner,and said easy 5.0.He asked me if he could take it with him,but I declined.

yeah, what you collect rocks :headbang:

Now get your AF 15 and ASM 1 graded :sumo:

After hearing all the mail nightmares,probably never get it graded.I do however feel they both would hit the 5.0 mark,conservatively.

After hearing all the mail nightmares,probably never get it graded.I do however feel they both would hit the 5.0 mark,conservatively.

I hear you on the mail scares, maybe someday you'll need to take a vacation to Sarasota lol

Oh! And remember the advice you gave me a while ago on saving. I was doing really good and was about half way to a low grade Hulk #1. Instead Mrs. Hado has a new washer/dryer :cry:

I hear you on the mail scares, maybe someday you'll need to take a vacation to Sarasota lol

Oh! And remember the advice you gave me a while ago on saving. I was doing really good and was about half way to a low grade Hulk #1. Instead Mrs. Hado has a new washer/dryer :cry:

That's where you went wrong,don't tell her you are saving the money.Put the money in a separate savings account.If the wife knows she will want the money(obviously) for other things. (thumbs u

That's where you went wrong,don't tell her you are saving the money.Put the money in a separate savings account.If the wife knows she will want the money(obviously) for other things. (thumbs u

She didn't know about it, but the Dryer started eating our clothes lol

So I had to step up and keep the lady happy. There will always be more money for books later.

And it was in a Hidden Jar :roflmao: