• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Ditko & Spider-man: In his own words!

23 posts in this topic

As many of you may remember a couple of months ago, I met Steve Ditko here in New York. Although, he wasn't that quite talkative, again, (I went to visit him twice.) he did lead me to the right direction as far as his latest ventures were concerned.

Apparently, Steve decided to write his side of the story regarding his co-creation of Spider-man. These stories are in a form of a newsletter published monthly by Robin Snyder. I just recieved five back issues for about 3 bucks each.

There's some pretty good stuff here regarding Spidey's creation. Including how Steve came up with the "spider-senses" "Spidey light" "Spidey's split face" etc.

I won't post the entire newsletters because they're copyright by Steve Ditko, but I'll post a peek and a list of back issues that are available for sale.

Including how Steve came up with the "spider-senses" "Spidey light" "Spidey's split face" etc.

Did he use his spider-sense in Amazing Fantasy 15? confused-smiley-013.gif I can't remember, exactly.

What does "Spidey's split face" mean? Does that mean the way they sometimes drew him with half a Spidey mask, half a Peter Parker face when his spider-sense goes off when he's out of costume?

Including how Steve came up with the "spider-senses" "Spidey light" "Spidey's split face" etc.

Did he use his spider-sense in Amazing Fantasy 15? confused-smiley-013.gif I can't remember, exactly.

What does "Spidey's split face" mean? Does that mean the way they sometimes drew him with half a Spidey mask, half a Peter Parker face when his spider-sense goes off when he's out of costume?

Yep! Half Spidey& Peter.

As many of you may remember a couple of months ago, I met Steve Ditko here in New York. Although, he wasn't that quite talkative, again, (I went to visit him twice.) he did lead me to the right direction as far as his latest ventures were concerned.

Apparently, Steve decided to write his side of the story regarding his co-creation of Spider-man. These stories are in a form of a newsletter published monthly by Robin Snyder. I just recieved five back issues for about 3 bucks each.

There's some pretty good stuff here regarding Spidey's creation. Including how Steve came up with the "spider-senses" "Spidey light" "Spidey's split face" etc.

I won't post the entire newsletters because they're copyright by Steve Ditko, but I'll post a peek and a list of back issues that are available for sale.

Just wondering if you were the guy that posted awhile back about how you went to his apartment and took pictures of his door in an effort to talk to him?

I have seen that photo before, but have never seen another one of him. Talk about camera shy. grin.gif

I bet Mr. Highgrade would be willing to go back to his office and get a picture of him for you.

I wouldn't want him to be accused of stalking. blush.giftongue.gif

I have seen that photo before, but have never seen another one of him. Talk about camera shy. grin.gif

I bet Mr. Highgrade would be willing to go back to his office and get a picture of him for you.

I wouldn't want him to be accused of stalking. blush.giftongue.gif

I already took care of that in the 4th post on the 1st page of this thread...