• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some slabbed and not-so-slabbed Marvels and DCs (10% off what's left!)

61 posts in this topic

Action #328 Off-white to White pages. Significant non-color breaking bends on front cover. But it's got a solid structure. Not a subscription copy. And it comes with a Supergirl story too! VG+ (4.5)

$10

action328_front.jpg

action328_back.jpg

Adventure #288. Inane DC story-telling at its best. Rough edge of front cover; DC's version of "pre-marvel chipping." Ink mark under the month. Tiny spine split at bottom. Cream to off-white pages. VG (4.0)

$18

adventure288_front.jpg

adventure288_back.jpg

Adventure #302 Cream to off-white pages. I bought this off 'zilla4f' on ebay, years ago, and he had graded it at F- (5.5). The original grading slip he put on the back of the bag of each comic is there. The right edge of the cover is a little rough. Otherwise, quite acceptable copy. Interesting to think that this is what DC was doing exactly one year after FF#1. Out of this world.

$14

adventure302_front.jpg

adventure302_back.jpg

Time to post some more slabs.

Marvel Tales #3 CGC 9.2 Off-White to White. I bought this in the late 1970s at my LCS and finally got it graded and put into a slab last year.

$90

marveltales3_a_zps586b4034.jpg

marveltales_3b_zps71bcc481.jpg

Thor #146 CGC 7.5 White Pages. Now I'm not one to squawk about unduly harsh grading by our friends in Sarasota . . . but this book really does look a little better than a 7.5. It's got a little lower corner wear and a small tear on the back cover at the upper staple. Check it out. The last GPA sale was $23 for a 7.5. Ouch!

My price: $30. No I don't really expect it to sell here over GPA. I just wanted to show you all. SOLD! (Thanks!)

:tonofbricks:

thor146a_zpsf30e707e.jpg

thor146b_zps4e80c908.jpg

thor146back_zps28354558.jpg

Green Lantern #17. One interior page is loose. It has been cut out neatly with scissors, but sits properly where it used to be attached. (Book is complete.) Subscription crease. Cover detached at lower staple and barely holding on at the top staple. OW-W pages. G (2.0)

$10

greenlantern17_front.jpg

greenlantern17_back.jpg

Lot of two Jimmy Olsen books. #33 and #109 (Neil Adams cover).

#33 GD/VG (3.0) Cream to Off-White pages. A lot of wear at all four corners. No killer defects, but plenty to bring the grade down.

#109 VG- (3.5) Light moisture damage. Small quarter-sized stains on most of the interior pages. Book is still supple.

Take 'em both for $9.

jimmy_olsen33.jpg

jimmy_olsen33_back.jpg

jo109_front.jpg

jo109_back.jpg