• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it to early to talk about Wondercon 2005?

41 posts in this topic

Now that I live in the bay area, I have been attending Wondercon each year. It is definitely better now that it is in San Fransisco. It would be great to meet up with some board members for lunch.

I'm IN. WHEN WHERE HOW WHAT. IT'S ALL IN THE DETALIS MAN. YOUR CALL.

Now that I live in the bay area, I have been attending Wondercon each year. It is definitely better now that it is in San Fransisco. It would be great to meet up with some board members for lunch.

When is it? I apologize, in all my years of collecting I finally went to my first show, Balt. I had intended to go to the Philly Con this year but unfortunately couldn't make it.

Does anyone know of other Cons within reasonable driving distance from Va Beach? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hopefully we'll be able to reproduce the shenanigans and hijinx of last year's get togethers. It took me two days to recover!

Remember - 2005 Wondercon is in February this year!

Hopefully we'll be able to reproduce the shenanigans and hijinx of last year's get togethers. It took me two days to recover!

Remember - 2005 Wondercon is in February this year!

That would be Feb. 18, 19, 20. Fri-Sun, BMB has been listed as a guest. Would like to see

ALL MY NOR CAL BROS THERE !! Stephen AKA The Brain.

I'll be there. Wondercon this year is over my sixth wedding anniversary so I will be dragging my lil' wifey along. We'll probably stay in San Fran a few days after the con so that we can see the sights. She has less than zero interest in comics but I still may pull her along with me for part of one day of the con. Luckily she is fine with some free time while I attend the full three days of the show and Forum dinner. Lookin' forwards to it. -----Sid

FORUM DINNER

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I WONDER what topics of conversation will grace the dinner this year. devil.gif

Let me think now.....that's a toughie! I predict humans will colonize Mars in the year...oops...wrong channel!

I say many of the topics covered last year such as pressing, restoration, grading criteria etc. But with the advantage of 10 month's worth of additional thought and board-talk!

FORUM DINNER

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I WONDER what topics of conversation will grace the dinner this year. devil.gif

Two words:

SLAB DAMAGE

sumo.gif

Yeah, and I find that interesting. Other debated CGC topics usually include something where ethics is questioned, such as Wizard First and giving priority to BSDs and so on. But with slab damage, or "SSS" it to me is a much simpler concern, although probably more important than the others. At least in this case it is just a matter of the physical product being used rather than a particular business policy. -----Sid

Hey BassGMan is that a Carvin bass? I used to play bass but had to give it up due to chronic carpel tunnel syndrome. frown.gif Very hard decision.

Check out www.talkbass.com if you get a chance.Great website.

Sorry.....OT I guess. blush.gif

Yes, my avatar is a Carvin 6-string bass. I have one excactly like it but this is one from the catalog. I also have a 6-string Carvin fretless made out of darker Koa wood and believe it or not, just a few days ago received my first new bass in almost 10 years. Paid for 100% with Ebay comic profits. Yup, another Carvin, 5-string this time. Heck, they should pay me for endorsing them as I only use Carvin basses and amps. I guess I was lucky and never had any carpel tunnel problems. Some water or blood blisters in my fingers occasionally though.

I'll check out that website, thanks. ----Sid

Yeah, I got the Comic-Con update magazine in the mail with the Green Lantern cover. It primarily covers the 2005 San Diego con but also has plenty of features for Wondercon 2005. I'm really excited about it again. And the cool thing is that there are so many San Fran forumites. I was barely a newbie here for the last Wondercon, this time I'll actually know some people. Looking forwards to it and I'll probably be booking air and hotel real soon. -----Sid