• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it to early to talk about Wondercon 2005?

41 posts in this topic

Not true. NO LIST, NO NAMES, NO NOTHING.IS THERE A BETTER LINK????frustrated.gif893whatthe.gif

PS: site say's "FULL UPDATE JAN 14 " Just have to wait and see. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh yeah, you're right, sorry. All that info is for the 2004 Wondercon. foreheadslap.gif

It's cool, I am as excited as you are as SF gets the FIRST CON OF 2005!!!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifyay.gifheadbang.gif

bumpit.gif OK ! Got my copy of Comic- Con International 2004 Update # 3. Reading from page 44 here is a list of some

of the guest:

Neal Adams 893applaud-thumb.gif

Sergio Aragones thumbsup2.gif

Brian Michael Bendis 893whatthe.gif

John Cassaday cloud9.gif

Amanda Conner wink.gif

Arnold Drake cool.gif

Mark Evanier smile.gif

Adam Hughes smile.gif

Jimmy Palmiotti 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Alex Ross hail.gif

Gail Simone angel.gif

Jeff Smith headbang.gif

William Stout yay.gif

bumpit.gif OK ! Got my copy of Comic- Con International 2004 Update # 3. Reading from page 44 here is a list of some

of the guest:

John Cassaday cloud9.gif

Amanda Conner wink.gif

Arnold Drake cool.gif

Mark Evanier smile.gif

Adam Hughes smile.gif

Alex Ross hail.gif

Gail Simone angel.gif

Jeff Smith headbang.gif

William Stout yay.gif

news.gifAdded:

Kevin Smith insane.gif

Cool. Just booked myself for the Wondercon and received an outstanding deal. Went through Hotels.com again. Found a pretty decent but inexpensive hotel, Hotel Metropolis just five blocks away from the Moscone for three nights plus round trip airfare from Seattle and round trip shuttle transfers from the airport for just $375 total. Great flight times too. Lookin' forwards to it. San Fran seems to be home of many Forumites which also makes it a cool place. thumbsup2.gif

Cool. Just booked myself for the Wondercon and received an outstanding deal. Went through Hotels.com again. Found a pretty decent but inexpensive hotel, Hotel Metropolis just five blocks away from the Moscone for three nights plus round trip airfare from Seattle and round trip shuttle transfers from the airport for just $375 total. Great flight times too. Lookin' forwards to it. San Fran seems to be home of many Forumites which also makes it a cool place. thumbsup2.gif

Glad to hear it there BassGMan, but I would have to say many are here in Nor Cal,as well as futher south, into

Salinas.and Monterey. Looks good, guest-wise as well. Be sure to look in on their site on Jan14 for a ,'Program and

Guest Update.' 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifheadbang.gifyay.giftakeit.gif

of the guest:

John Cassaday cloud9.gif

Amanda Conner wink.gif

Arnold Drake cool.gif

Mark Evanier smile.gif

Adam Hughes smile.gif

Alex Ross hail.gif

Gail Simone angel.gif

Jeff Smith headbang.gif

William Stout yay.gif

news.gifAdded:

Kevin Smith insane.gif

bumpit.gif

Added as of Dec.21 Joss Whedon cool.gif

Anyone one know what the final attendance number was for Comic-Con 2004? I know it was up from last year. I've heard anywhere from 70,000 to as high as 100,00 people attended, but never got an exact figure. confused-smiley-013.gif

Nope, I was there last year.

It's a well run Con. Unlike the San Diego Con, which is all voluntier, it's a "for profit" Con, and with that they hire people to do the job correctly. Very organized (but smaller).

While the San Diego Con is the "Creme de la Creme" of the Con's, they could learn a lot: 1) sell advance tickets, get rid of those Lllooonnngggg lines around the building) and 2)people will pay the extrs $5.00 to $10.00 to have a well organized convention. Just MHO.

At any rate, I would pay the extra for it!! makepoint.gif

I hope to meet you & POV there! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

It's a well run Con. Unlike the San Diego Con, which is all voluntier, it's a "for profit" Con, and with that they hire people to do the job correctly. Very organized (but smaller).

While the San Diego Con is the "Creme de la Creme" of the Con's, they could learn a lot: 1) sell advance tickets, get rid of those Lllooonnngggg lines around the building) and 2)people will pay the extrs $5.00 to $10.00 to have a well organized convention. Just MHO.

While I agree that San Diego is "THE ONE TRUE "GRAIL" of Cons, Wonder Con in S. F. has had

JIM LEE, JIM STERANKO, AND THIS YEAR WILL HAVE, NEAL ADAMS, ALEX ROSS & JEFF SMITH

AND THAT STILL THE SHORT LIST 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif I'LL LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU THERE,THEN. thumbsup2.gif

I've been to the last 12 San Diego cons in a row. I have bought advance tickets EVERY single time and have only stood in short lines waiting to get in. And that is only if I want to get in at the open. Show up 30 minutes after the open and there is no line. As a matter of fact, the only disorganization I have seen is regarding the opening, which is sometimes a little late. So I wait until 30 mins past and never have a problem. Advance tickets can be purchased off the comic-con.org website and have always been available there. I absolutely cannot understand why so many people do not buy advance tickets as those lines for walk-ins are unbelievable. I do not believe that is their fault though as they make advance ticket purchases available for months.

WC is now owned by SD, so it is now a "non-profit" show and I am pretty sure the prices for tables and admission will be going up frown.gif Still, it's a great show! yay.gif