• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 Guns and 3 Guns Boom

9 posts in this topic

The reviews are 75% positive on Rotten Tomatoes and considerably better than that on Fandango and Yahoo. I'm excited about going to see it later today.

I noticed it had almost zero impact on secondary sales which suprised me. I didn't expect it to go nuts because I doubt that over 1000 sets of this comic were issued.

I don't think people associate this kind of movie with comics in the same way I think something like Hawkeye is driven by the Avengers movie. My kids didn't know who Hawkeye was before the movie and now seemingly can't be without their their Hawkeye comics, T-shirts, etc.

I read and really liked 2 Guns but haven't heard much about 3 Guns yet. Has anybody here read it ?

The books have been listed so infrequently on Ebay that they either go for a pretty good price or go for cover, it really depends on what is available at the time. There definitely hasn't been a whole lot of interest in the books before the movie released, but you could find that rare buyer who was willing to spend decent money on the books. I don't have any for sale at the moment so I haven't been watching the listings, but like you said I don't think its the case where a movie will drive up the demand for the books, despite it being made with well known and popular actors.

I thought 3 guns was up to a good start. Looking forward to #2. Reminds me of Brubaker's writing.

I really like Brubaker and thats somewhat the feeling I get from the first set. I was concerned that 6 years later, a lot may have changed. Thanks for the input.

Yeah, thats great news for the creators . My kids talked me into going to the drive-in instead of the theatre and once we got there talked me into Wolverine instead of 2 Guns. Liked it, didn't love it but it pushed 2 Guns back 4 days.