• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

******SPOILERS****** Avengers #502 *****SPOILERS******

84 posts in this topic

I can't believe it! Bendis killed off Hawkeye! I thought it should have been the Wasp since her powers pretty much are a duplicate of Yellow Jacket, which is why they also probably killed off Ant-man 2 (Scott Lang). Now who is going to be the smarta$$ on the team? Granted Hawkeye didn't have any great powers like the others, but I liked his rebel type character. I think he will be back sometime in the future just because of the magic/sci-fi circumstances going on with the Kree and the appearance of the mystical Dr. Strange surrounding his death. They'll say he was severely injured and the Kree healed him or he was mystically transported to limbo or whatever you call that place most of Dr. Strange's foes come from.

RIP Hawkeye. frown.gif

Worst death of a major character ever. "My arrowpack is on fire, so I better kill myself in an act of self-sacrifice rather than leave it and get burned to death"

Uh, Clint... couldn't you have just taken it off?

Is it just me or is Fury completely out of line/character in this issue? And Cap... grow a frickin' spine will ya?

At the end Dr. Strange tells Cap the kind of magic that was being used, which basically gives away who the villain of the piece is, and why she hasn't shown up yet to help the team.

It's "The one of these 4 Avengers will die this issue" members who wasn't even in the bloody book.

The type of magic being used is Chaos Magic, like the kind used by a certain hex-wielding mutant who just happens to be Magneto's daughter.

Future Bendis dialogue:

"How could you not see this happening, she's the daughter of the world's worst mutant terrorist?"

This ranks right up there with Hal Jordan being the villain in Zero Hour.

You know... since the only reason I'm reading this title right now is to see Avengers die (aside from the general mayhem factor), I have to express my extreme disappointment with this particular death. It was simply put, lame. The deaths and mayhem in 500 were MUCH cooler.

As for Fury being out of character, I'd agree, but isn't pretty much EVERYONE out of character?

I don't know what to think. Usually Bendis finds a way to make all the threads come together into a nice neat package, but I am baffled with what happened in this issue. What other character in the Marvel Universe has a Hawkeye type personality? The rest of the Avengers personality wise are pretty dull in my opinion. Hawkeye was always the rebel and now he is gone. That sucks.

You know... since the only reason I'm reading this title right now is to see Avengers die (aside from the general mayhem factor), I have to express my extreme disappointment with this particular death. It was simply put, lame. The deaths and mayhem in 500 were MUCH cooler.

As for Fury being out of character, I'd agree, but isn't pretty much EVERYONE out of character?

And to think Bendis has been promising that the death in 502 was one of those "grand heroic" kind of deaths.

Yes, everyone is acting out of character.... well, except for all of those supporting characters who did what they were supposed to. Spidey, FF, the Panther, heck, even Hercules and Quasar appeared to be acting and talking as you would have expected. I just found Fury to be overly obnoxious.

And to think Bendis has been promising that the death in 502 was one of those "grand heroic" kind of deaths.

screwy.gif It was cheesy.

Yes, everyone is acting out of character.... well, except for all of those supporting characters who did what they were supposed to. Spidey, FF, the Panther, heck, even Hercules and Quasar appeared to be acting and talking as you would have expected. I just found Fury to be overly obnoxious.

Actually, that's true. The folks you mention WERE in character. Now if he could just get a handle on the dynamics of the headliners 27_laughing.gif

The type of magic being used is Chaos Magic, like the kind used by a certain hex-wielding mutant who just happens to be Magneto's daughter.

Yeah but isn't Wanda sleeping with Cap in the other Disemboweled storylines? CaptainAmerica/Falcon title I think. Why would she create all this conflagaration? How does the Kree fit into all this? Why do the Kree use jetpacks straight out of Minority Report?

Yeah but isn't Wanda sleeping with Cap in the other Disemboweled storylines? CaptainAmerica/Falcon title I think. Why would she create all this conflagaration? How does the Kree fit into all this? Why do the Kree use jetpacks straight out of Minority Report?

Only Bendis knows the answers to those questions. I personally think this issue was very screwy.gif.

Someone just shoot me and put me out of my misery, please... sign-rantpost.gif

Don't worry, Bendis has you scheduled to bite it in issue 503! tongue.gif

Hopefully that will be a cooler, more creative death than Hawkeye's lamo snoozefest.

As for who the "villain" is, the question we need to ask is, "who benefits" from Hawkeye's death. There's only one answer and once we have that it's just a small step to the truth of who's behind all of this:

green_arrow.jpg

893whatthe.gif

Maybe this is what Marvel is going to do to all their characters that can't support their own series beyond 8 issues? Could She-Hulk, Gambit, Rogue, or dare I say Jubilee be taking the dirt nap next?

I hope She Hulk doesn't bite it, her ongoing is one of my favorite books right now.