• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

List your top 5 favorite board members...

212 posts in this topic

Gah! More of my dreams crushed!

1. DG

2. DG

3. Santa Claus

4. DG

5. DG

I don't think Santa Clause really post here.

DG

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr does he.....???? hm

:popcorn:

1. DG

2. DG

3. Santa Claus

4. DG

5. DG

DG

I was once kidnapped by Santa Claus. He put me to work in his sweat shop and made me eat arctic mice to stay alive.

1. DG

2. DG

3. Santa Claus

4. DG

5. DG

DG

I was once kidnapped by Santa Claus. He put me to work in his sweat shop and made me eat arctic mice to stay alive.

DG is Santa Claus

I've met some really great guys on here!! Ryan., Awax, Skynwalker, diestler, Chaseman210, Venom, Mojoepin, amnesiac, ThoseBackPages, BeerThirty, Solar, Spacy, quadman78, faster friends, gaz2810i to name a few. There are a ton more I'm leaving off and I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings. The real purpose of this reply is to just mention one of the kindest things anyone has ever done for me on here (or really in general). So he is easily my favorite Boardie. When I first signed up on here I always a chuckle of his avatar and screen name because, well - it's just him. And I always watched him be very respectful, courteous and friendly with others. And he had awesome sales threads to boot and was really easy to deal with when admittedly, I'm oftentimes... well, not.

ItsJustRyan

Awhile back, I had mentioned in the "what's on your pull list" thread some books I thought about checking out. Ryan packaged first issues of those books and shipped them out free to me! For no reason or ulterior motive at all. Just to be a great guy and share in the joy of this hobby of ours.

But yesterday... :cloud9:

So my wife and I just had our first child, a baby girl arrive two weeks early on Tuesday. If you guys are parents, you know that first week is not only joy but alot of :ohnoez: . Ryan made yesterday so special for us...

Going on Day Four without sleep, I looked out my window onto my porch to see a tiny package. Huh, must have missed the mailman. But what did I order recently? (shrug)

It was a small box. Ok, maybe it was a gift from a family member or friend. hm But as soon as I got closer to the package, I recognized the distinct writing style of Ryan as the other packages he has sent me in the past (and the "Tank Comics" return label :grin: ). It was addressed to my daughter - Olivia.

So I went inside and opened up the box with my very tired wife as we huddled in the living room with little Olivia and our pooch Casey to find this.

1g94n.jpg

He sent three Sesame Street characters stuffed animals, a comic and a really thoughtful letter to my daughter! Her first for all three! No reason at all. Complete surprise. Just easily one of THE nicest guys I've ever "met" in my life.

I just really wanted to give him some :acclaim::applause::golfclap:(worship):luhv::banana: because he just really deserves it.

There are a ton more I'm leaving off and I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings.

:(

Hi Justin. :hi: Congrats!! That's a great story.