• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allow me to introduce myself

58 posts in this topic

Hello all forumites. I have been a lurker for 6 months or more and I finally decided to take the plunge and start posting. From what I have seen, this is a truly special board. I can't tell you all how much I have learned in the time I have spent reading here. I knew next to nothing about pre-code horror, 60s and 70s comic magazines and golden age superheroes before I stumbled on this site. Now I would consider myself at least somewhat well versed on the topics. It's amazing what a pool of experts has assembled here. From the owner of virtually every DC comic, to people who know bronze horror or price variants backwards and forwards; there really is a wealth of knowledge. As for myself, I am a Law Student at the University of Illinois and I have been collecting off and on since I was 10. Since I am still in school, I am forced to stretch my collecting dollar a lot more than I would like. So, I collect mostly 6.0-8.0 bronze DC horror; Byrne X-Men; and Adams issues of Detective, Batman and Green Lantern. It's cool (and often frustrating) to check out all the high grade stuff that gets posted around here. I can tell you that my want list doubled in size due directly to you people. I guess that is the beauty of this hobby, for every book you buy you stumble on two others you will want in the future. Anyways, just thought I would introduce myself and hopefully I will be posting as much as I intend to. Peace.

By the way, if anyone ever frequented the EBay comics board, I used to post there under the same name. It’s also a cool forum and the people are extremely nice, but I was looking for something a little more active and a little less low-key.

As for myself, I am a Law Student at the University of Illinois

Welcome to the boards. And as a practising lawyer, let me just say: QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!! IT'S NOT TOO LATE! grin.gif Do something more productive with your life, like becoming a telemarketer. yay.gif

As for myself, I am a Law Student at the University of Illinois

Welcome to the boards. And as a practising lawyer, let me just say: QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!! IT'S NOT TOO LATE! grin.gif Do something more productive with your life, like becoming a telemarketer. yay.gif

Too late, already in my third year. Just signed up for the bar review course today. At least that only ran me 2 grand. frustrated.gif

Nice to meet you!

I'll also like to introduce myself,

My name is Humpty, pronounced with a Umpty.

Yo ladies, oh how I like to hump thee.

And all the rappers in the top ten--please allow me to bump thee.

I'm steppin' tall, y'all,

and just like Humpty Dumpty

you're gonna fall when the stereos pump me.

I like to rhyme,

I like my beats funky,

I'm spunky. I like my oatmeal lumpy.

I'm sick wit dis, straight gangsta mack

but sometimes I get ridiculous

I'll eat up all your crackers and your licorice.

yay.gif

Glad to see ya joined up.

Look foward to hearing from you.

All I can say is.. if you are a Adams Detective fan.. then this might not be the best place for you.

I am also an Adams fan.(hence my avatar) then I got hooked on Bronze Horror... as a side effect of this forum and now I have to stretch my comic dollar even further.

frustrated.gif

Check out the Bronze Forum.. you will have endless pages of great stuff to read there.

Take care

ze-