• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DR.X's Cheap, Trashy, Worthless Wizard Con Report

422 posts in this topic

I thought maybe this guy was trying to be a smart azz wearing that mask. I should have said something.

003-12.jpg

I think he is a character from TF2.

Or maybe Black Mask from the Batman comics and new video game?

It's Ryan Elliot from PGX incognito, buying comics to slab in Mom's basement.

He was at the show. He's been making it to more and more shows lately.

So the CGC just moved their people and equipment 2500 miles to grade books for a couple of dealers for the weekend.

If I have a thousand books I want to have graded, could I get the CGC to drive their stuff up to my house and knock them out in a weekend for $25 a book?

This may be the answer to the ridiculous turnaround times.

:cloud9:

At Home-Grading: when you want to feel at home, and do!

There is no way CGC would have driven all their people out to just slam the door shut on on-site grading early for most submitters just to service two dealers. The backlash risk is way too high when it comes to reputation and general collector experience.

If both dealers coordinated this in advance, as stated, and CGC knows how many books it can slab onsite, see MSCHMIDT's posts, then how do you explain it ? It happened.

Hey, I'm with you. I had books at the show that are now in Sarasota. Something wasn't "coordinated & planned" with this event. Where did you see me post it didn't happened?

It is very easy to say coordination took place. But the message that came from the show is one of those two orders was a surprise even to CGC. How that happened will be the mystery for the ages to figure out.