• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DR.X's Cheap, Trashy, Worthless Wizard Con Report

422 posts in this topic

:acclaim:

I'll be headed out the door in a few to Chicago. I actually went up there yesterday and met with Joey. Had a great discussion about nuclear acid emissions. Board member Ark was with me too.

I noticed the parking was $13.00. I'm curious to see how bad they gouge everyone today and this weekend. I probably won't take too many pics today but we'll see how it goes. I"ll be here all four days pestering Greggy and anyone else I see acting up.

I may post some stuff later this evening when I get home, depending on how I feel. The big wave of costumed characters and nice looking girls won't show up until Saturday so I'll try and get some good pics then if nothing goes off the rails.

Be back later. Doctor X is heading north.

:whee:

I paid $15 a day for parking in Boston and thought it was a bargain. And compared to the garage by the previous venue, it was!

We want pictures! At least I do; Chicago is the show I'd like to go to the most but haven't attended.

I'll be headed out the door in a few to Chicago. I actually went up there yesterday and met with Joey. Had a great discussion about nuclear acid emissions. Board member Ark was with me too.

I noticed the parking was $13.00. I'm curious to see how bad they gouge everyone today and this weekend. I probably won't take too many pics today but we'll see how it goes. I"ll be here all four days pestering Greggy and anyone else I see acting up.

I may post some stuff later this evening when I get home, depending on how I feel. The big wave of costumed characters and nice looking girls won't show up until Saturday so I'll try and get some good pics then if nothing goes off the rails.

Be back later. Doctor X is heading north.

:whee:

$13? Sounds like a deal. Looking forward to your report. Post the pre heroes you buy from Moondog :baiting:

I noticed the parking was $13.00. I'm curious to see how bad they gouge everyone today and this weekend.

That's a bargain - just before SDCC, some of the surrounding parking lots doubled from $20 to $40 a day.

:pullhair:

Got to the con and parked and immediately got ahold of Joey to drop off a few more books. He's operating in a top secret location.

To me, this place was kaos with the new setup. Seemed like no one knew which way to direct me and I ended up in three lines before I finally go my ticket. It don't take much to get me riled up but I figured why let it wreck my day,when Greggy is somewhere in the building.

Got into the staging line and it started to load up quick. Lots of people on the first day, and alot of them in costume. Some pics coming up shortly. There were these two nice looking young ladies in front of me and they were quite sociable to an old fart like me.

One of the people in line had this suitcase on the floor, and some type of Styrofoam cut-out. About fifteen minutes before the con opened he left the line and left the suitcase on the floor. Then they shifted rows of people over, and the suitcase was in the middle of the floor by itself sticking out like a sore thumb.

I picked it up and turned it in to a con worker. About ten minutes later he came back and got the suitcase, then he gets back in line and thanks me. He said " Well I was going to come back for it" I said are you out of your mind. You don't leave stuff on the floor around here and walk away. It'll be gone in 60 seconds like Nicholos Cage.

He then opened it up and showed me tons of comic pages for a book he's drawing. Probably should have asked him what book it was but didn't. That would have been a hell of a loss to lose that suitcase.

Every con report I say I need a better camera, and still do. Maybe I'll pick one up in the morning before I hit the road.

The two young girls that helped me pass the time in line.

wizard2013thursday004.jpg

Every con report I say I need a better camera, and still do. Maybe I'll pick one up in the morning before I hit the road.

I'd hang out in a line with them too! :cloud9:

I'll say one thing. There are some killer books at this show. Seemed like most of the dealers had some really good stuff, if you had deep pockets.

First booth through the doors was Graham Crackers. I was just starting to look through a box when some unseen force came up behind me and put me in a bear hug.

Not like me to let someone get the drop on me. I figured it was someone who knew an old Indian trick. It ended up being Greggy. lol

Graham Crackers wall books.

wizard2013thursday007.jpg

wizard2013thursday006.jpg

wizard2013thursday005.jpg

I'd hang out in a line with them too! :cloud9:

You just have to know how to talk to people, especially girls. I have no problem communicating with them and having some laughs. Just act like you have some sense. But I am charming as some say. :roflmao: