• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED AF 15 CGC 3.0, Strange Tales 110 CGC 7.0, HB Action 1

43 posts in this topic

Just curious, was the AF 15 graded when it had the restoration? I wonder what it would have gotten.

When I got it it was graded a 5.0 SP with "VERY SMALL" small amount of CT as the only resto. Someone had already done a little resto removal on it and gave up, so it was probably a 6.0 before they did the 1st ct removal. Usually when the label has the words "VERY SMALL" it means a dot or two of CT. I sent it to Matt Nelson to take the rest of the CT off and it took a couple of send offs to CGC before they would give it a Blue Label. Unfortunately, in this case "Very Small" ended up being a lot of CT.

If I could do it over, I would have had the CT finished up on it and probably ended up with an 8.0 SL P. Heck, maybe I'll still do that.

Just curious, was the AF 15 graded when it had the restoration? I wonder what it would have gotten.

When I got it it was graded a 5.0 SP with "VERY SMALL" small amount of CT as the only resto. Someone had already done a little resto removal on it and gave up, so it was probably a 6.0 before they did the 1st ct removal. Usually when the label has the words "VERY SMALL" it means a dot or two of CT. I sent it to Matt Nelson to take the rest of the CT off and it took a couple of send offs to CGC before they would give it a Blue Label. Unfortunately, in this case "Very Small" ended up being a lot of CT.

If I could do it over, I would have had the CT finished up on it and probably ended up with an 8.0 SL P. Heck, maybe I'll still do that.

Interesting, it might look like a VF if the book is that solid, and the price could be similar to the 3.0 grade. It would look better, but it is tougher to find a buyer for a restored book. Tough call, but interesting too.