• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what made you start selling comics? First transaction?

58 posts in this topic

I exchange chocolate candy with a buyer in Australia. If you have never had those chocolate biscuits/triscuits from Australia you haven't lived. They are called Tim Tams and they are to die for.

Tim Tams are good. Real good.

You know what's better? The KING of all chocolate biscuits?

The DOUBLE COAT Tim Tam.

166.jpg

WTF is a Tim Tam? hm

A TimTam is the runner up in a two horse race to the magnificent beast: double-coat Tim Tam.

Think chocolate creamy stuff in between chocolate biscuit wafers, dipped in chocolate... and then dipped in chocolate again .

In winter, specifically when it is so cold that even you are not 100% sure you still have testicles dangling between your legs in that flap of left over elbow skin commonly known as a scrote, it is awesome to bite opposing corners off your TimTam and suck your coffee up through it like a straw.

You end up with chocolate all over your face like that scene in Zack and Miri.. but it's totally worth it.

(PS. A choc-coated Kooka goes a long way too).

WTF is a Tim Tam? hm

A TimTam is the runner up in a two horse race to the magnificent beast: double-coat Tim Tam.

Think chocolate creamy stuff in between chocolate biscuit wafers, dipped in chocolate... and then dipped in chocolate again .

In winter, specifically when it is so cold that even you are not 100% sure you still have testicles dangling between your legs in that flap of left over elbow skin commonly known as a scrote, it is awesome to bite opposing corners off your TimTam and suck your coffee up through it like a straw.

You end up with chocolate all over your face like that scene in Zack and Miri.. but it's totally worth it.

:o

:cloud9:

While we have no Tim Tams, there are a few American cookies that we could do this with.

(worship)

-slym (mind blown)

-slym

WTF is a Tim Tam? hm

Bloody Queenslanders!

When is it ever under 20c up your way - you should come down to Victoria where we actually get frost and the like (okay maybe only 10 times a year but it's cold I tell ya!)

He's right about sucking coffee/tea through aTimTam - better than a line of coke off a hookers back ;)

my dad forced me to sell my comics to a local comics shyster in the mid 70s to pay for my School Patrol trip to Washington DC. The guy who bought them ran a pharmacy, above his pharmacy was a room that held all his older comics that didn't sell on the spinner rack. Floor to ceiling with comics from the previous 30 years.

I started selling current books that I was collecting (JSA, Hawkman, Green Arrow, and Ultimate books) in 2006 in order to fund a road trip with some friends (we had all just graduated from high school). I also sold all of my Marvel Legends toys before their value plummeted. Took all the money I earned and hit the road for a few months, started a punk rock band, and stayed out of the comics realm until 2011.

Got back into comics in 2011 when I had a better paying job (whoa, I can afford these books now?!) and more time for another hobby. Started buying up silver age ASM on eBay. Somehow found my way here and immediately abandonned eBay (every once in a while I go back to look, but I don't trust that place very much...). I've got a nice collection of Silver, Bronze and Copper books now. Hope to have my first table at a convention in the fall :grin:

I hadn't sold until a year or so ago on EBay, then eventually started my own store, calculating that EBay fees were eating me alive. I started selling originally due to day job instability to suppliment my income, then finally got laid off 2 months ago.

I realized that: Hey, I had these comics i've been collecting since I was a kid, so why not make something off them? It's been an interesting ride since then, alternating equally between frustrating, joyous, annoying and loads of fun.

I like Cherry Ripe's. My mom is Aussie so I know the food a little there. I have never even heard of Tim Tams. My first book I ever sold was a CGC 9.8 Red Sonja #1 variant from Dynamite I believe. Or a 9.8 NYX #4 maybe. I've been selling on ebay and here since 2006 or so. Buying more than selling though.

I was buying a guys graphic novel collection from him off craigslist. He had an absolute avengers vs. JLA that he threw in for $20. I didn't really want it, but the price was so good I picked it up amyway. Realized that they sell on ebay for $100+, and I could pay for my whole haul by selling that one book. The rest is history.