• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skywald Complete Cover Gallery - Psycho ; Nightmare ; Scream ;

66 posts in this topic

Hooray! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Great idea, B_C, to post all the covers! thumbsup2.gif

I'm sad there weren't any more from the "big 3" titles.... sniff ... I miss them already!

Thanks Keith...We really need this type of stuff available. I'm suprised no one has a Skywald Cover Gallery yet online...Unless maybe its because everyone has some issues to fill still? Would'nt doubt it. These suckers are tough to complete.

Whats great is if you do a google search now for Skywald Gallery, these threads from CGC forum will pop up!

So now the WWW has access to these through search engines! headbang.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Hey That is a tough call. The funny thing is. I have been able to get my share of nice Hell-Riders. But I'll be damned if I didn't see the first issue in NM 9.4 go for $125 and the Second issue in NM 9.4 go for $95 within the month on eBay.

There was a specific moment where I could find all I wanted of this issue. But the years leading into that and the time after it. I would say that It was quite hard to locate.

To tell you the truth. If you have been having a difficult time finding these 2 copies and are interested in a set, let me know. I think that I may have one that I could part with buddy. PM me either way.

-bounty

It's a great day when you receive a package from Doug Sulipa! cloud9.gif

607768-Psycho%20%23%2018.jpg

Doug grades this a VF, now there are two color breaking creases and a tiny color rub on the spine towards the middle of the book but my scanner isn't big enough!

Still and all at VF I thought this thing would have fingerprints but not one to be found on either front or back!

589a8d34925ad_607768-Psycho18.jpg.f50caa60f762e1fcd9d3eb0e1e0091e0.jpg

hail.gif

All hail the almighty, all beautiful Manitboba's..... aaahhhhooohhmmm....

hail.gif

BTW - the one thing I thought was a cop out in "the Victims" was when the Nazi Stormtrooper zombies were supposed to "walk over" the victims. Looked to me more like they were walking around them, rather than doing a "Nazi stomp" as the -script suggested. What do you all think - editorial reign pulling or artist/ writer miscommunication?

hail.gif

All hail the almighty, all beautiful Manitboba's..... aaahhhhooohhmmm....

hail.gif

BTW - the one thing I thought was a cop out in "the Victims" was when the Nazi Stormtrooper zombies were supposed to "walk over" the victims. Looked to me more like they were walking around them, rather than doing a "Nazi stomp" as the -script suggested. What do you all think - editorial reign pulling or artist/ writer miscommunication?

Keith,

To tell the truth as much as I loved the Victims, I forget plenty of the story! When I file these upgrades away I will have to re-read the series.

Another storyline I loved in the Scream issues was the Nosferatu series. All those guys in the masks telling their macabre stories only to unveil themselves at the end! I remember one guy was a werewolf that had an iron mask put on his head and when he transformed, his face got all mashed up inside the mask - gross!

Isn't that Mer-Man from He-Man?

Hahaha! That has always been what was lurking in my head too! I was a huge Masters of the Universe Fans in the 80's (shows how old...or lets say young I am).

Speaking of He-man Masters of the Universe. Have you guys seen those magazines from the 80's? They all had stunning Earl Norem Painted covers. And each had a large say 24" x 18" poster of each cover art. In addition many had extra Earl Norem posters. They are awesome! I will post some of them at some point. A few are also rediculous to find.