• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skywald Complete Cover Gallery - Psycho ; Nightmare ; Scream ;

66 posts in this topic

It's a great day when you receive a package from Doug Sulipa! cloud9.gif

Doug grades this a VF, now there are two color breaking creases and a tiny color rub on the spine towards the middle of the book but my scanner isn't big enough!

Still and all at VF I thought this thing would have fingerprints but not one to be found on either front or back!

NO KIDDING! It sounds like you got an extra birthday this year. Those books look awesome. I mean from the scans (which can be hard to tell from) they look like NM books. Now of course you did mention that you cannot get all of the spine, and this is the most important part, but gosh they are beauts! Nice square books. And it looks as if the colors and gloss are newstand fresh. See I believe this. If a book is technically a VF+ 8.5 yet it has the eye apeal of a NM copy with stunning gloss and color then that is enough to bump the book up to a VF/NM 9.0 copy.

For why should a book that looks NM be knocked down so far because it has a light accumulation of defects that do not affect eye appeal? Haha everyone grades differently.

None the less I congratulate you on your most current additions!

-bounty

NO KIDDING! It sounds like you got an extra birthday this year. Those books look awesome. I mean from the scans (which can be hard to tell from) they look like NM books. Now of course you did mention that you cannot get all of the spine, and this is the most important part, but gosh they are beauts! Nice square books. And it looks as if the colors and gloss are newstand fresh. See I believe this. If a book is technically a VF+ 8.5 yet it has the eye apeal of a NM copy with stunning gloss and color then that is enough to bump the book up to a VF/NM 9.0 copy.

For why should a book that looks NM be knocked down so far because it has a light accumulation of defects that do not affect eye appeal? Haha everyone grades differently.

None the less I congratulate you on your most current additions!

-bounty

Yeah, I could have shown the spine and then someone would have said "I can't see if those corners are square and sharp!" I know both count equally in the overall grade but I decided to show the right edge.

New to the board and to the wonderful Skywald magazines, so this might be old news to everyone. This link will take you to a place that has the COMPLETE saga of the victims. I got my copy from them within 10 days, and it is a hoot. Enjoy.

https://securehost2.zen.co.uk/headpress/showroominfo.asp?ID=99

If the link doesn't work go to headpress.com and search under other books, comix.

Dan

Okay first thanks for all the "welcome to the board" messages, this seems like a really nice place. Glad to see my link was news to some of you. I thought you might like to check out this forthcoming book from the same company. I have a copy ordered but it has yet to be published. Again sorry if this is old news, and if it isn't great. By the way love the board it has really helped me in my quest to obtain a collection of Skywalds.

https://securehost2.zen.co.uk/headpress/showroominfo.asp?ID=103

HuskerDan

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but I am in the latter stages of putting together a book on Skywald, edited by the late Archaic Alan Hewetson himself, featuring unpublished art and contributions from some of the original Skywald bullpenners.

Skywald book

I don't think the above is news in itself here, but I wonder if anyone was willing to supply good quality cover scans of the runs of each of Nightmare, Psycho & Scream (and at a pinch Hell-Rider, Crime Machine, the color titles, sundry offshoots - though this is a tall order, I suspect. The Skywald Tribute To Judy Garland, anyone!?)

Time is against me doing it myself, unfortunately....

Thanks

Okay first thanks for all the "welcome to the board" messages, this seems like a really nice place. Glad to see my link was news to some of you. I thought you might like to check out this forthcoming book from the same company. I have a copy ordered but it has yet to be published. Again sorry if this is old news, and if it isn't great. By the way love the board it has really helped me in my quest to obtain a collection of Skywalds.

HuskerDan

HuskerDan, I just ordered THE COMPLETE SAGA OF THE VICTIMS book today!

As you probably read in an earlier post of mine, I always wondered how that storyline would end so thanks again for the link! headbang.gif

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but I am in the latter stages of putting together a book on Skywald, edited by the late Archaic Alan Hewetson himself, featuring unpublished art and contributions from some of the original Skywald bullpenners.

Skywald book

I don't think the above is news in itself here, but I wonder if anyone was willing to supply good quality cover scans of the runs of each of Nightmare, Psycho & Scream (and at a pinch Hell-Rider, Crime Machine, the color titles, sundry offshoots - though this is a tall order, I suspect. The Skywald Tribute To Judy Garland, anyone!?)

Thanks

I already have some covers scanned in and can supply more. PM me or post an e-mail address to send them to as I'm sure other board members have some.

Welcolme To The Boards!

Thanks for the welcome and the interest. The SKYWALD book is behind schedule, but will be proofed next week and at the printers shortly after that. I aim to have it published in about one month, though it will probably take two to make it into the US.

I just heard today that the new, long awaited edition of COMIC BOOK ARTIST is imminent, and will feature a special tribute to Skywald... Can't say when it will go one sale though, and there is no news yet on the publishers homepage: Comic Book Artist

HuskerDan

HuskerDan, I just ordered THE COMPLETE SAGA OF THE VICTIMS book today!

As you probably read in an earlier post of mine, I always wondered how that storyline would end so thanks again for the link! headbang.gif

A follow-up as I received my copy of The Complete Saga of the Victims today!

Just finished reading it and all I can say is if you were a fan of Scream and the Victims it is a must have! It contains the sixth and final installment of the storyline that I have been waiting 30 years for! 893whatthe.gif

Plus it was cool to have all the chapters in one TP!

619952-Complete%20Saga%20of%20the%20Victims.jpg

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

589a8d34a235d_619952-CompleteSagaoftheVictims.jpg.554f52c003d950eca65aef8632921a56.jpg

Hello,

Skywald book

Thanks

Hey Slither Slime. Let me know what you need for pictures. Do you need pics of everything? I have all images for all Skywald Comic series books: Psycho, Scream, Nightmare, Crime Machine, Hell-Rider. Let me know and I can zip them all up (will probably be a large file! 8MBS or so) and I can put it to a disc so I can send it out to you over a fast connection at my work.

Send me a PM and we can work this out. I would be more than happy to contribute

-Bounty

Yes it includes all 5 Victims stories PLUS the final sixth installment fully illustrated. Also an illustrated intro, very cool!

What finally happens to the Victims??!?... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifgrin.gif

:SPOILER!:

893applaud-thumb.gif