• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nick Fury #1 CGC 9.9 on Pedigree Comics

79 posts in this topic

Major SA BSD, who's in the chocolate business, hence the nickname. Many of the record-setting SA sales that have been discussed on these boards were his books.

Does anyone know his name?

Dude, what are you still doing awake?!

Quite a few people know his name, but since he has never publicly stated these are his books, I prefer to use his nickname (coined by the Blazing One, by the way).

Dude, what are you still doing awake?!

Quite a few people know his name, but since he has never publicly stated these are his books, I prefer to use his nickname (coined by the Blazing One, by the way).

Stuck at work. frown.gif I've got another hour or so before I'll finish what I'm working on. You and your chocolate man stories are all I have to amuse me right now while I take a break to relieve some brain fry.

Ah, big firm life! How I miss it... NOT! Big filing tomorrow?

Okay, just to keep you entertained, here's some of the books that I know he's sold over the past couple of years:

The 9.6 ASM 1 that went on Heritage a couple years ago was initially his (it was the buyer that then sold it on Heritage at a huge loss).

9.6 PC X-Men 1 that sold on Comiclink earlier this year (actually, that entire HG X-Men run on Comiclink was his).

9.2 TTA 27 on Comiclink.

Ah, big firm life! How I miss it... NOT! Big filing tomorrow?

No, I am fixing some discovery responses that a junior associate screwed up. I promised the client a week ago that I'd email him a draft in time for him to review first thing tomorrow morning and the drafts I got earlier today were utter cr@p. I mean embarrassingly, shake-your-head-and-pound-the-table bad. screwy.gif It was one of those things where it actually would have taken me less time if I had just done the whole thing myself, because I actually tried to edit the [!@#%^&^] things for half an hour before realizing that they were unsalvageable and just started all over from scratch. frustrated.gif And now I've got to write her time off and spend an hour teaching her how to do something that she should have learned in her first year, or else I'll have to go through the whole thing all over again when we get served with a second set of discovery requests down the line. (Insert exploding head graemlin here.)

Okay, just to keep you entertained, here's some of the books that I know he's sold over the past couple of years:

The 9.6 ASM 1 that went on Heritage a couple years ago was initially his (it was the buyer that then sold it on Heritage at a huge loss).

9.6 PC X-Men 1 that sold on Comiclink earlier this year (actually, that entire HG X-Men run on Comiclink was his).

9.2 TTA 27 on Comiclink.

Whoa, that's some spicy meat-a-ball!!!! 893whatthe.gifhail.gif

I want to be a chocolate man someday. 893crossfingers-thumb.gifcloud9.gifyay.gif

Ah, managing junior associates. How I miss big firm life... NOT! 27_laughing.gif

Go in-house my man, go in-house. Then you get to yell at partners when their associates screw stuff up.

I always swore I wouldn't go in-house because I love trial work. That is absolutely the best part of my job and I just love it.

But secretly, deep down, on days like today, I think about it and giggle my @ss off. grin.gif

Ah, managing junior associates. How I miss big firm life... NOT! 27_laughing.gif

Go in-house my man, go in-house. Then you get to yell at partners when their associates screw stuff up.

I always swore I wouldn't go in-house because I love trial work. That is absolutely the best part of my job and I just love it.

But secretly, deep down, on days like today, I think about it and giggle my @ss off. grin.gif

Yeah, that's one thing the litigators had over the transactional guys--the adrenaline rush of actually performing in court. When I was a first year at MoFo, Jim Brosnahan made a little speech to the new associates. I was absolutely mesmerized by him and thought I would not like to go up against this guy in court.

Of course, the number of big cases involving big firms that actually made it to court seemed to be so small, and then of course it was the partners (guys like Brosnahan) who actually got to go into court. All the litigation associates mostly seemed to spend their time doing motions practice, and if they were lucky got to argue motions.

But enough of legal life! Last thing you want to hear about right now, undoubtedly. What comic topic can I interest you in? I'm sitting at home sick today, and the wife and daughter are out, so I'm a mite bored.

Yeah, that's one thing the litigators had over the transactional guys--the adrenaline rush of actually performing in court. When I was a first year at MoFo, Jim Brosnahan made a little speech to the new associates. I was absolutely mesmerized by him and thought I would not like to go up against this guy in court.

Of course, the number of big cases involving big firms that actually made it to court seemed to be so small, and then of course it was the partners (guys like Brosnahan) who actually got to go into court. All the litigation associates mostly seemed to spend their time doing motions practice, and if they were lucky got to argue motions.

But enough of legal life! Last thing you want to hear about right now, undoubtedly. What comic topic can I interest you in? I'm sitting at home sick today, and the wife and daughter are out, so I'm a mite bored.

I am always happy to look at sweet scans of books! Start a __________(fill in the blank) appreciation thread and show me what you've got! I know you've got a little bit of the chocolate man in you, so let's see it!

Or if you'd really be up for some typing, tell me about the best/worst/strangest comic book deal you ever did.