• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #1 Found in Trash-Advice? (Go ahead and attack-Used to it)

78 posts in this topic

OK here it is...I called CGC and they told me it was a 2.0 Universal Blue label-Pages cream-off white and thats about it. They also told me they leaned at first to a 3.0 but the cover stains placed it lower-

and the graders name was Steve Borock.

So-Pics to follow-but you've seen the scan outta plastic-

OK here it is...I called CGC and they told me it was a 2.0 Universal Blue label-Pages cream-off white and thats about it. They also told me they leaned at first to a 3.0 but the cover stains placed it lower-

A CGC 2.0 of FF#1 is still a nice book. thumbsup2.gif

A CGC 2.0 of FF#1 is still a nice book. thumbsup2.gif

takeit.gif

I dunno if this guy's for real or not, but who knows. I found $550 one time while crossing the street. Used it to buy a computer. yay.gif

the only thing I find in the trash is junk although i did find an antique mirror once...but i left it because i couldn't carry it home...oh well.

Hell I cant even find my keys sometimes tonofbricks.gif

Nice to know they still acually grade some comics strictly.

yeahok.gif

How much would a cleaning and pressing possibly raise the grade? This is not considered resto by cgc right? If i am wrong, what work can be done tht isnt resto and what would a guestimate of the after grade be?

You couldn't dry clean the water stains from the book so it might not raise the grade dramatically. How much of an increase would depend on how wrinkled the book was when it started. It is only dry cleaning and pressing without disassembly that aren't considered restoration by CGC.

Personally, I would have the book wet cleaned to remove the staining. It looks like it would benefit greatly from a real cleaning and the PLOD would bother me less than the water stains do.

Man I think the copy is pretty good actually, I'll be in the market for a FF #1 in about 2-3 months. I personally would take a water stain over a tear, Heavy creasing, tape, or some of the writing I see. It doesn'y affect the structual integraty of the book. The book would look very nice in my collection. angel.gif

Man I think the copy is pretty good actually, I'll be in the market for a FF #1 in about 2-3 months. I personally would take a water stain over a tear, Heavy creasing, tape, or some of the writing I see. It doesn'y affect the structual integraty of the book. The book would look very nice in my collection. angel.gif

True, but for not very much money, you could have the cover cleaned and it would look like an even nicer copy.

True, but for not very much money, you could have the cover cleaned and it would look like an even nicer copy.

But if he's planning on flipping the book I wouldn't do anything to it. Just get it slabbed and let the buyer do the cleaningif they want.

If he plans on keeping it I would definitely get it cleaned. It would look really good after a short bath. Of course it would stink to high heaven but, hey, you don't smell old comics you read them, right. Oh, wait, I do smell my old comics... cloud9.gif

they told me (CGC) that a cleaning would be restoration..but not pressing

(Which it doesn't need-VERY flat book-the stain on the cover has no water wiggle either-just looks dirty) They also said for selling purposes, leaving it alone and having the blue label (original book) would be a better thing for a buyer that wants to keep it as they can choose the level or restoration they prefer.

But if I do it and lose the blue universal rating-many folks won't consider the purchase. Good book for someone that wants to Clean the cover as no stains are inside the book-no rips and great staples and no folds. Pages even turn nice and soft. I just hope some person ends up happy with it-I collect too much to add comics to MY list!

I appreciate all the good folks in here giving good advice. Thank you.

they told me (CGC) that a cleaning would be restoration..but not pressing

(Which it doesn't need-VERY flat book-the stain on the cover has no water wiggle either-just looks dirty) They also said for selling purposes, leaving it alone and having the blue label (original book) would be a better thing for a buyer that wants to keep it as they can choose the level or restoration they prefer.

But if I do it and lose the blue universal rating-many folks won't consider the purchase. Good book for someone that wants to Clean the cover as no stains are inside the book-no rips and great staples and no folds. Pages even turn nice and soft. I just hope some person ends up happy with it-I collect too much to add comics to MY list!

I appreciate all the good folks in here giving good advice. Thank you.

Let us know when it's on eBay. hi.gif

Personally, I would have the book wet cleaned to remove the staining. It looks like it would benefit greatly from a real cleaning and the PLOD would bother me less than the water stains do.

Heresy! mad.gif

Heresy! mad.gif

Label whore! 893censored-thumb.gif

Heresy! mad.gif

Post Whore! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Heresy! mad.gif

893whatthe.gifsorry.gif

Heresy! mad.gif

893whatthe.gifsorry.gif

Piker