• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Connect questions.

7 posts in this topic

I brought some things and they just shipped some books out to me today since they had to wait for the books to come from its owners.

(it seems that HA.com is the only place that has books on hand)

Anyways since they shipped the books, that means the grades they were auctioned off at were correct?

What happens if something is .5 or 1.0-2.0 higher than the owner's grade guesstimate? Is it in my favor?

Thanks in advance for answers. I appreciate it.

Oh here is a cool story about an action comics 1.

http://www.comicconnect.com/load_page.php?page=Action1_GrailInTheWall

Comic Connect

Owned by Metropolis some of the books there are owned by Metropolis and some are owned by third parties listing them on their exchange site. So, no, not all of the books are on hand.

I would not categorize them as slow to ship as a permanent label. They have a lot of things that go through their doors and this has been a busy thirty days with SDCC and Chicago. Just call them up and ask.

Sometimes mistakes have been made by any business. Your books might be in the wrong pile marked awaiting payment or might have been shown in San Diego when you ordered them and need to be sent to NY to be processed and sent to you.

Call and ask them. They are usually friendly and easy to work with whether a problem exists on the customer end or theirs.

I'm pretty sure if you bought and paid for a book in 7.0 and they send you an 8.5, that's in your favor.

Are you asking what happens if you buy a book from Person X advertised at 7.0, he sends it to Comic Connect, and they see its' 8.5? Do you still get the book that you paid for? I'm pretty sure you do. It's too crazy and they have too much to lose if they start book switching.

Although I guess in THEORY, IF there was no picture shown on the auction and IF they had extra 7.0 on hand (that wasn't consigned), they COULD switch out the 8.5 for a 7.0 and send it to you. But I think that's a lot of things that need to happen and to risk their reputation on, and a LOT of pressure to put on the average guy who's job it is just to unpack and repack and ship a comic book.

And what if the customer STILL returns it and they have to go back and find the switched comic to give back to the original owner.

So basically, you're question is... are they shady and stupid? They're not perfect, but I think the general consensus is that they are not shady and stupid.

I'm pretty sure if you bought and paid for a book in 7.0 and they send you an 8.5, that's in your favor.

Are you asking what happens if you buy a book from Person X advertised at 7.0, he sends it to Comic Connect, and they see its' 8.5? Do you still get the book that you paid for? I'm pretty sure you do. It's too crazy and they have too much to lose if they start book switching.

Although I guess in THEORY, IF there was no picture shown on the auction and IF they had extra 7.0 on hand (that wasn't consigned), they COULD switch out the 8.5 for a 7.0 and send it to you. But I think that's a lot of things that need to happen and to risk their reputation on, and a LOT of pressure to put on the average guy who's job it is just to unpack and repack and ship a comic book.

And what if the customer STILL returns it and they have to go back and find the switched comic to give back to the original owner.

So basically, you're question is... are they shady and stupid? They're not perfect, but I think the general consensus is that they are not shady and stupid.

This was the answer I was looking for.

I was not sure exactly what happens in the auction houses regarding undergrading when it is indeed better than what they graded it.

Thank you.