• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiants, whats HOT and whats NOT?

85 posts in this topic

I am waiting on a few things and then sending a larger order (for me at least) to spend the Winter in Florida. Also included in that order will be 1 EW Flat Gold and maybe the second.

My books go on better vacations than I do. I have not been to Florida since 2005.

lol

Hopefully they come back from being Florida snowbirds with a t-shirt you can wear.

My Books Take Better Vacations Than Me!

Eternal Warrior 1 Gold variant with the word Eternal in gold on the cover???,

Gold Flat is extremely tough. Gold Embossed, not as much.

I have both raw and I'll be sending them in to see if I can score a 9.8 white..Wish me luck.

They should be a lock for 9.6 but you never know about CGC

:wishluck:

9.6-9.8 with either book is a fantastic win to own. Same with most of these books.

I am waiting on a few things and then sending a larger order (for me at least) to spend the Winter in Florida. Also included in that order will be 1 EW Flat Gold and maybe the second.

My books go on better vacations than I do. I have not been to Florida since 2005.

I'll be sending in about 10-15 moderns with some, if not most being the Pre-Unity Valiant books.

Harbinger 1, the Eternal Warriors mentioned above, Archer and Armstrong 0 Gold (forgot to list this as a pricey one in 9.8 White)..etc

again hoping for no worse then 9.6 on them :wishluck:....We'll see..

Based on my personal experience Valiant comics are EXTREMELY hard to move. I've had straight runs of Harbinger, X-O, Rai and so forth and they fetched nickles and dimes.. I did have a couple of Gold label Archer & Armstrong and those got me around 30-40 bucks each.. But the Gold covers are extremely hard to come by and my guess is you probably dont have those (crossing fingers you do)

Based on my personal experience Valiant comics are EXTREMELY hard to move. I've had straight runs of Harbinger, X-O, Rai and so forth and they fetched nickles and dimes.. I did have a couple of Gold label Archer & Armstrong and those got me around 30-40 bucks each.. But the Gold covers are extremely hard to come by and my guess is you probably dont have those (crossing fingers you do)

I have some Gold covers but not all..

Wondering if the books you were trying to move were graded 9.8's?? Only certain issues sell ok anyway.

Not going to try selling raw, I think the grading route is the best option for most of the early Pre-Unity Valliant's.

I have some Gold covers but not all..

Wondering if the books you were trying to move were graded 9.8's?? Only certain issues sell ok anyway.

Not going to try selling raw, I think the grading route is the best option for most of the early Pre-Unity Valliant's.

No, mine were all raw but in NM condition. I would think that grading all of them would add up to quite the bill, plus you never know what grade you're gonna get, I would do that with the gold variants if anything.

I saved my run of Eternal Warrior but regret selling the run of Magnus. That was a mistake as I felt like reading it again the other day when someone started the '1st transaction thread'.

The other run that I regret selling?

Not Web of Spider-man, Spectacular Spider-man, Spider-man, Batman 181-present, X-O Man-o-War or even X-Men 201-320 something... Had those, sold those, except for a few of the Batmans I never looked back.

I wish I had held onto the GI Joe run... many of those were actually very entertaining.

I have both raw and I'll be sending them in to see if I can score a 9.8 white..Wish me luck.

9.6-9.8 with either book is a fantastic win to own. Same with most of these books.

I'll be sending in about 10-15 moderns with some, if not most being the Pre-Unity Valiant books.

Harbinger 1, the Eternal Warriors mentioned above, Archer and Armstrong 0 Gold (forgot to list this as a pricey one in 9.8 White)..etc

I strongly recommend pre-screening Valiants even if you are an experienced submitter and grader. Surprises abound. 9.6's for most books are borderline for being worth it. Even H1 sells for $60ish in CGC 9.6 right now, and you can easily get $30-$40 for a raw NM.

I strongly recommend pre-screening Valiants even if you are an experienced submitter and grader. Surprises abound. 9.6's for most books are borderline for being worth it. Even H1 sells for $60ish in CGC 9.6 right now, and you can easily get $30-$40 for a raw NM.

I would welcome a Harbinger 1 in a 9.6 for $60... if you come across one please shoot me a PM.

My world is shattered! Everything is a lie! IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE??

:ohnoez:

-slym

I hope you realize I don`t wear a deerstalker hat, or smoke a pipe!

:hi:

lol

Hey, my cat has gone missing again. Are you looking to crack a local case?