• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiants, whats HOT and whats NOT?

85 posts in this topic

Any of the 1990's Nintendo issues? While these are certainly not rare, I actually spent some time looking for CGC graded first issues of these in 9.8. I still do not have them all.

The $1.50 cover price reprints are the HTF ones. Some I've never seen in person.

DG

YOU LIE!!!

-slym

I want to sell them here, almost 400 books.....I like these boards...But I want to find one buyer, one soul to take them all....

Don't we all when picking up a collection? :ohnoez:

Depending on how strong the key books are, and what books are included in the 400 total, it can make the difference between a quick sale or not.

The older material in general has not taken off yet with the relaunch. But certain key and limited print run issues can make the difference that have been mentioned here and via PM.

Any of the 1990's Nintendo issues? While these are certainly not rare, I actually spent some time looking for CGC graded first issues of these in 9.8. I still do not have them all.

The $1.50 cover price reprints are the HTF ones. Some I've never seen in person.

DG

But I bet you have a relative that has! (Kidding)

rimshot.jpg

:o

IRL, I am a pasty white Scots-Irish man with an X-Men tattoo on his shoulder.

;)

-slym

If it makes you feel better, I do not look like Sinatra.

hm

I BET YOU AREN'T REALLY RON JEREMY, EITHER!

:cry:

-slym

I really think the long term window for Valiant is more likely to close. Up until Jim Shooter was ousted, I felt it was the best and most cohesive comics universe ever published. Most of the people who tell you how great the comics are only want to pay you pennies on the dollar for them. They've been hoarding them for 20 years. Despite it being so good, I feel the characters and concepts are becoming dated and the magic can't be recreated. Valiant was a financially struggling company when it started and the need to be successful spawned the obsession to be good. Veterans of the creative field worked tirelessly to make them good because the knew they wouldn't have a job if they didn't make them good. All that changed in 1992 when Jim Shooter was ousted.

Even I have 3 or more Pink Harbinger #0's. I paid $5/each for some signed copies in 1998. The other I probably got by exchanging coupons.

Harbinger #0 (Pink Variant)

000_Harbinger_zpsa48b1e37.png

Harbinger #0 (signed)(Copy 2)

000_Harbinger_sig_copy2_zps1fdf1939.png

Harbinger #0 (signed)(Copy 3)

000_Harbinger_sig_copy3_zps070de8fe.png

I picked up a Magnus #0 without card for a whopping dollar once.

Magnus Robot Fighter #0 (Without Card) - Copy 1

000a_Magnus_Robot_Fighter_c1_540px_zpseec4a5d5.png

I think the last push of comics they produced with Jim Shooter on Unity 2K are undervalued in very high grade. The glossy paper made it near impossible to get these out of a distributors case without leaving some marks left on them.

That being said, I gave away three of the books in the top row of this picture.

CGC_Acclaim.jpg

DG

000_Harbinger_zpsa48b1e37.png

Harbinger #0 (signed)(Copy 2)

000_Harbinger_sig_copy2_zps1fdf1939.png

Harbinger #0 (signed)(Copy 3)

000_Harbinger_sig_copy3_zps070de8fe.png

I picked up a Magnus #0 without card for a whopping dollar once.

Magnus Robot Fighter #0 (Without Card) - Copy 1

000a_Magnus_Robot_Fighter_c1_540px_zpseec4a5d5.png

DG

:takeit:

DG

But I bet you have a relative that has! (Kidding)

rimshot.jpg

I know you are kidding. I bought some color art from JayJay, and it was sent in an envelope. I got slight goose bumps looking at the label on the envelope. Check out the date. I consider this envelope to be a historical artifact.

Valiant_Env_zpsa224a71e.png

I can only imagine what artwork would have been mailed in 1989!

DG

DG

YOU LIE!!!

-slym

I realize that by saying that, the price will now spike to $2,000 a copy in NM.

DG

;)

-slym

hm

-slym

There is a really really really good joke here.

;)

-slym

hm

-slym

Strangely enough I saw him in person and he annoyed me greatly until I realized who it was. I had been at a club sipping an orange juice and leaning on a cigarette machine. I'm a lightweight at drinking so I was saving money and behaving. The urge to empty my bladder came upon me so I stepped aside to use the restroom. When I came back out, a short guy had taken my spot. I immediately thought "Who does this short little F*Spoon*er think he is taking my spot!?" Suddenly it dawned upon me that it was Ron Jeremy. I laughed because he was short and he was a F*Spoon*er (literally). I then thought, "I guess I could introduce myself and shake his hand." Then it dawned upon me that I knew where his hands had been and that might not be a good idea. Then I looked again at how short he was and laughed to myself again. If his appendage was three inches long (figuratively speaking) it would hang down to his knee. It's all smoke and mirrors. No different than a 6 foot tall man playing a 20 story tall Godzilla. I did not introduce myself but it was one of the funniest celebrity encounters that I ever had. I think I was more horrified than anything else.

DG