• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #2 footage from SDCC

22 posts in this topic

I know it was just a rough recording but I didn't find it particularly exciting. I liked the last Spidey movie though so hopefully this will look better as we get closer.

Thanks for sharing it.

Looks good to me and I like the new costume better than he first movie.

They didn't show what the Rhino looks like. I'm curious how they will pull that off.

Not sure why they feel the need to make everything connected to Oscorp. Eels? Seems a bit odd.

For the same reason that they tie Stark Industries to much of what happens in the Avengers. It helps build some reality and some continuity into the story arcs.

Very different than 1963 Marvel when every issue was an arc to itself. It wouldn't fly today.

Not sure why they feel the need to make everything connected to Oscorp. Eels? Seems a bit odd.

For the same reason that they tie Stark Industries to much of what happens in the Avengers. It helps build some reality and some continuity into the story arcs.

Very different than 1963 Marvel when every issue was an arc to itself. It wouldn't fly today.

I get that. I just never felt like the Green Goblin was Spider-Man arch nemesis. Even now I don't feel that way.

I get that. I just never felt like the Green Goblin was Spider-Man arch nemesis. Even now I don't feel that way.

To me, that's because there are too many different people involved with the making of the various movies.

Using Oscorp as a backdrop helps establish the Norman/Goblin villain that's coming.

Hopefully the in-costume Spider-man smart-arsery continues so that we get something close to the dialogue from the end of issue 121.

:wishluck:

Yeah, I don't remember all the details of the past 4 movies well so I wasn't sure how much development they've carried over from previous films but my next thought was that the Goblin is coming.

Using Oscorp as a backdrop helps establish the Norman/Goblin villain that's coming.

Hopefully the in-costume Spider-man smart-arsery continues so that we get something close to the dialogue from the end of issue 121.

:wishluck:

Yeah, I don't remember all the details of the past 4 movies well so I wasn't sure how much development they've carried over from previous films but my next thought was that the Goblin is coming.

Yea it seems like we are going to get a Goblin intro at the end of this film with a story about him in the third. It will end with a 121 like scene and the introduction of MJ.

I wasn't a fan of the -script for the last movie, but I do like AG as Spider-Man. He really nails the humor part of the character. 2c

Same here, I felt that Garfield really did hit the nail on the head when he was in the suit.

Garfield is great in costume. As Peter, not so much.

Who else would it be? Only other I'd consider is dr. Octopus.

But Dr. Octopus never impregnated Gwen with wonder twins.

:insane:

Who else would it be? Only other I'd consider is dr. Octopus.

But Dr. Octopus never impregnated Gwen with wonder twins.

:insane:

In my opinion, one of the strengths of Spidey is that he doesn't have an arch nemesis.

I also feel like it is different every era/creator. 1-100 I guess it would be GG. 101-150 it would be the Jackel. 151-200 it'd probably be the burglar or Mysterio. 201-300 it'd be the Hobgoblin. 301-400 Venom. 401-500 probably GG again. It get's a little tricky after 500 though- maybe Morlun... Then from 600-700 it'd be Ock.

I guess I could see how they'd pick Green Goblin, but I do think it is hard to narrow down Lee's run as it was all over the place with villains.